1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Financially Insecure..need Help

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by suva123, Nov 24, 2016.

1. suva123

suva123 Junior IL'ite

freinds ..this is my first post..sorry if done any mistakes..it has been 5 years of our marriage(4 years baby girl)..after marriage DH went onsite 3 months..that time i stayed with mom.AND..MIL...after he came back..resigned job & we moved to banglore..was carrying so my MIL came with me..and hubby's sister daughter (engg..) alsoo stayed with us..my hubby is 3rd son..he is very much attached to his family..he always invite their relatives to home during weekend for lunch and dinn...my all days went in cooking and washing and cleaning..there was no privacy for us..my hubby is less expressive..and 1 year back we came onsite..am happy but my hubby wanted to go back reason is he cant live without his family..in his family he have 2 elder sisters(6kids).1 younger brother(married).they all stay in nearby village of my hubby..earlier they were struggling to settle..when we got engaged..my dad given some money,gold.all the house applia like washing machine ..LED.Tv...so on.(.am sentimental about my dad gifts)...elder SIL and her husband makes rule for all and even small thing..(for me no right to purchase and sell even my things).they took loan by keeping jwelleries and took plot in same village..and again loan for car..( for BIL)..loan for BIL marriage..so on my hubby interested to buy an apartment..but all the money is spending on buying gifts for loan..movie trip.. all kids and members..all gifts given by my parents is given to his brother family while coming onsite....gold jwellery with MIL ..his sister helped him when he was studying so he never crosses her order..
    freinds... my problem is i feel sometime financially insecure..i dont have single rupee ..he only buy for me..if i tell him to save money.for kid..something against his family he get angry on me and tell me to go mom house..sometime i feel frustrated and depressed ..i do self esteem ..am I wrong to SAY save money for kid??? or is this a jealous???
    AFTER GOING BACK WANT TO WORK NOW AM stay at home mom.. he never care about my family ..no call nothing.freinds he always fight if i ask about money or else he loves me..he says me am cheap minded..(given everything to them..dont have single rupee also no account nothing..)..freinds any wrong am doing here..just wanted to clear my mind.expecting suggestion to clear my mind.. ..thank u..

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016

2. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

Hi Suva

Calm down relax ! whatever you have written is really very sad to know , still we suffer from these prejudices being in this hi tech generation .

Listen , what all has happend is happend we cant do much about the past , what we can do is protect the present and try our best to make pleasant the future.

First take a book and make note of things wat all is upsettting you about your husband , this way all the villians will be out who are the real reason who upset you through your husband.

Second use this list to compare how they were before and how there life is better using your husband and your life requierements nose diving and tell him , you also have a small life to live like everybody .

Third now slowly whenever you talk to your husband express that you are happy with him , except that few peoples life is better off then before but yours is nose diving , and try to calmly make him understand everybody has there own life other than helping each other , now becoz you have a kid its time to think about your future family life , and also make him understand , does it look nice of you to go for their help in time of need for your kid and family in future becoz he is helping them today !

So try to do things slowly , dont get upset or feel sad about such things

What to do there are people like this who squeeze the life in the name " we helped you while you were studying "

So take strenght and try to do it slowly.

all the best !
    God is there ! he will help

Divyakhyathi, suva123 and dc24 like this.
  3. suva123

suva123 Junior IL'ite

thank u madhumagie
    ..I tried so many times to explain him ..i dont know how to do drama...i talk whatever comes in mind directly to my hubby.HE NEVER TRY TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I WANTED TO tell HIM...INSTEAD HE TAKE IT AS AM GOING AGAINST HIS FAMILY...he is not at all expressive but dominant nature person..am introvert .dont hurt others means MIL.FIL whatever they say i do it always ..after going back again his SIL 2 daughters (studying engee) planned to stay with us in banglore..i want to do job..if all people will be there than i cant manage anything...i cant go against what he decided..so feeling .. earlier we dint get privacy bec always so many were with us..I THINK THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE WE DID THATSY STIL HE IS UNABLE TO UNDESTAND ME...EVEN AM NOT INTERESTED TO LIVE SEPARATELY I WANT COMBINED FAMILY ONLY.....TOO MUCH IS TOOO MUCH.he is transferring money to them if iask 5000 also he says no .. u dont know how to use it...bla bla bla..HIS BIG FAMILY and SATISFY EVERYONE NEEDS ..NOTHING IS REMAINING FOR US...WHEN I STARTED TO SUPPORT him in his welbeing he is doing more than earlier not less..so am totally confused ..am pampered at mom house becouse am single kid..not have any sisters for any guidance .just sufferingin mind ..becouse dont know how to ease the problem..if i say something than he says u dont know how much they love u...is that a real love than y they expect .SIL always poke their nose in my life ..like u r dark coloured my brother simply married u..not working my brother not getting any support from u..bla bla bla

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  4. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Why do you allow your dads gifts to be used for your IL?Now atlist protect what you have.Get jewllary and keep in bank locker and no at mil.

5. suva123

suva123 Junior IL'ite

not in laws everything given to BIL family they stay in other place ...my hubby transported EVERYTHING FROM BANGLORE TO OTHER CITY 13 HOUR JOURNEY..i asked him but he was not ready to listen me..now we cant ask anything back...FOR GOLD MY mil IS THE LOCKER WHENEVER SHE GIVES WE HAVE TO WEAR..IF I ASK HIM ABOUT THIS THAN HE SAYS IF U WANT UR ALL THINGS THAN GO TO UR HOUSE WITH ALL UR THINGS..

6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

At least keep the ones which were given to you to wear , don't give back to her, if she asks tell I want to wear often so want to keep it with you, and for next festival ask other one, and wear and keep it with you. For this also you may need to face a lot of abuse , do you want to face ? Or try some other way by involving your parents

7. suva123

suva123 Junior IL'ite

WILL TRY NEXT TIME THANK U..

8. vanithaudt

vanithaudt Silver IL'ite

You got to make money and save for your kid. you got to accept that your husband is not going to change. he knows that he is used as money machine and you are used as house maid and money making machine . so start working its not easy its a bumpy road but you got to earn and save some for your daughter and your future. there are loads of shameless people around but you can swim through this.

suva123 likes this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op.....have you ever discussed this with your parents?
    Do they support you?

10. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

For everything , they tell you go back to your mom house, what is your response to this??? why do you bear this statement??

Lakshmi6197 and yellowmango like this.