1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling exhausted early - What tests should i undergo??

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by chetavani50, Jun 17, 2013.

1. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Dear ladies,
    I am 30-35 years and am working. Earlier I used to be very active - Wake up early in the morning, do all the chores actively and in the weekends too I used to clean the house. But for the past one year I am feeling exhausted after I do even a small amount of work. I am not able to wake up early and I feel very much exhausted at the end of the day. I need to travel 30KMs to my office daily but ofcourse, office work is not that difficult. It's OK.I had two C-sections and my DDs are 9 and 5 yrs old.
    If I cut a lot of vegetables, I have pain in my fingers and if I mop the floor I have a back-ache. I have the complaint of low heamoglobin and I am taking iron pills. But I feel I need to take some more tests like calcium or bone so that I can find out the reason. My DH says I have turned lazy but I know it's not the reason. My health is not supporting me. Anybody please suggest what could be the reason for my tiredness and what tests should I undergo? Please please replies needed urgently.

2. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Test for Anaemia, Thyroid, and Diabetes. In all likelihood, its anaemia which is making you feel tired. whats was your latest Hb level?

3. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Get a complete blood picture (CBP) done. It might give out exact reason of any deficiencies.

4. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Thank you fencesitter for yor early reply. My Hb level when I last checked was 11.That is three months back.I stopped using iron tablets then as I found that level satisfactory. But now again....... Could anaemai only be the reason? Why am I getting backache and hands ang leg-pain?

5. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Hi

Drink atleast 3lts of water daily. Increase ur fruit intake for a week than go for all th tests..

6. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Dear upavi,
    Thank you for your suggestions.
    I drink more than 3lts water daily . And fruit intake, let me increase it. Should I take any calcium/Vit.D/Vit.E supplements? I feel that I have some vitamin deficiency and so I am suffering.

1 person likes this.
  7. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Check your heamoglobin levels.. Tiredness is mainly of that... Apart from iron, Include iron rich foods like spinach, dates in your diet.. Join some group workouts and make yourself engaged in your most favourite activity... Mostly, take good 8 hours sleep daily.. I know it's difficult with work, kids, school... Try taking extended naps atleast in week ends... Still not satisfied, consult a physician.. He/ she might assist you...

1 person likes this.
  8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

check your T3, T4, TSH levels.

9. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Wow amazing u drink 3lts of water gud...i want to do but i can do easily up to 2.5lts. Better take multivitamins tab, but do consult a physician to be on the safer side.

10. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

Most of them miss out Vitamin D. test.
    Vitamin D levels are remaining very low for many people nowadays since there
    is very less exposure to sun.
    Can get it done to rule out any deficiency.