1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling bad ..Did i do a mistake or shud i call it a blunder

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Barbie2013, May 16, 2013.

1. Barbie2013

Barbie2013 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

How shud i explain my situation?
    ok. Let me try.

I got divorced sometime back.
    I got literally very scared,lonely blah blah blah after getting divorced.
    Earlier i worked for an MNC in hyderabad.

Currently working in my hometown living with my parents.

My parents are not bothered about my future.
    My future is at stake.
    I left my job in MNC and came back to hometown due to disturbances happened in my life.
    I wanted to look for a groom get settled in my life.
    I felt my personal life should be taken care instead of worrying about professional life. AS my parents are not much interested i know i have to take a call and get things done.

But things did not change a bit. My parents are only bothered about my elder sister. They just ignore things related to me. Not really bothered about me.
    I literally forced them to search for me.They become very angry when i ask them to search. They say "Y r u in a hurry"
    How can it be called so?

Dont know i have to take lot of headaches everyday as they are ignorant.
    I got to know that inspite of all my trials they ignore about my future.
    I feel so bad that y did i leave the job and come here for people like them?

They are very relaxed and laid back.
    I could understand that eventhough they are parents self experience can only make a person realise the pain.
    They are unable to realise the pain i am undergoing.

I want to go back from here but things are not working for me.

Feeling very depressed.

2. tamgirl85

tamgirl85 Bronze IL'ite

hi barbie2013,

Very sad to hear your story. Do you have friends whom you can talk to? I would say try to form your own close circle of people whom you can trust and talk to first. This way you wont feel the need to be dependent on your parents to find a husband for you. If they are not interested to find someone for you then I suggest you go out with your friends more and try to meet people yourself. I know this can be daunting and quite a challenge at first but once you are happy within yourself and you have a good job - love finds you wherever you are.

It sounds cliche but it is very true. When we go actively seeking for a partner it wont happen- if we enjoy our life and the other aspects of it e.g. holidays, friends, going out places, reading, education, job promotion etc the missing part of our life automatically falls into place.

Having a partner is important and will enrich your life but its not the end of the world. Maybe try online matrimonial sites also - lot of people who were probably in the same situation as you have found happiness through them. Also try to say something positive each day about yourself - when you are feeling depressed i know this can be difficult but it will help you to come out of this cycle and feel more good about yourself. I'm sure you are beautiful- you already said you have a job in a good company and you seem to be intelligent. You already have a lot of positive things about you so don't feel bad about not finding someone quickly - God will find the right person for you when you least expect him to. :)

Good luck and wish you all the best

Last edited: May 16, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. pm86

pm86 Silver IL'ite

If you have some savings go to some metropolitan city or a city you like to find a job, its not difficult if you try continuously. Do not just apply for one job, apply at least 60-70 positions per day then something will definitely click. God will help people who help themselves.
    Do not worry about prospects and do not give too much attention to marriage, you will find one for sure later.
    Meanwhile improve yourself and be interesting. please indulge in some activity like going out with friends/roommates, sports, movies, gym, shopping to avoid depression. Come out from your parents home and enjoy life outside its colorful.

1 person likes this.
  4. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

Being married does not guarantee happiness...enjoy your singlehood for now.

3 people like this.
  5. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

it sounds like marriage is be all end all thing for you. What are you going to do get married and live happily ever after. Nope it does not work that way. Marriage is one part of many things you do in life. I can't believe you left your MNC job. Wha about being independent, having goals, self developement. If you divert your attention to other things, love might come looking for you. talk to friends, do something that makes you happy. May be your parents are taking it slow, once bitten twice shy and don't want to do the same mistakes again. Hurry spoils curry you know. Don't do the same mistakes you did the first time. take your time, know the guy and only then get married. desperation leads to mistakes...

4 people like this.
  6. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

I think you are only thinking about your side of the story..Just think like you are not at all in this issue and it has happened to somebody else,think what kind of advice you will give..Dont just think your parents are ignoring you.That wouldnt be the truth..It is better to give a time for you to get settled with your issues and feel better about yourself..Dont think marriage gives you security..If you are personally insecure,no guy will be able to give you that so called security..Take some time atleast a year or two and then think about marriage..

sindmani, prithvini and Chapra like this.
  7. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Parents may be feeling that again they will be burdened with marriage expenses.
    They may also feel that you should not rush into marriage but think about what went wrong and why.
    Your parents are ignoring you because they also feel sad for you but cannot show it.
    Finding a proper match may take time.
    Are you regretting your divorce?
    Try to move to a metro city .

8. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hii.. Everything is destined and decided by god.. He puts you in difficult phases to make u strong enough.. Small or big company..mnc or normal company peace is what matters. My health got really upset and lost mental peace in current company and i really dont feel sad of loosing job. As i have already told you start networking with every one. What if your parents calls many people or relatives and they dont come forward to marry you? Just wait for time for things to work out.

9. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Take charge of yourself. How long will you be dependent on them. If they are not concerned for your future, don't push them. Since your sister is elder to you, they might be concentrating on her marriage first.

I know its easy said then done, but like others said, start socializing. Make friends, hang out, fel good about yourslef and most importantly be confident.

10. dark

dark Bronze IL'ite

hello everyone

barbie- i will share you my story, i am going through a divorce as well. I am separated from my husband for last 16 months. life has been an emotional roller coaster ride , lots of downs and few ups, one step forward and ten step backwards, but few things i have realised and it made me to see life differently.
    1.my life is my responsibility
    2.people will come and go in your life only person who will stand next to you is YOU.
    3.donot expect from anyone anything, you need to shape your life and future.
    4.everyone have fair share of troubles in life, your parents must have their share as well, it is time for them to relax.
    5.i am little introvert person , during my marriage my world was revolving around my husband and now i am single and with age struggling to find friends who are single , so i involved myself in reading books.
    one book i will suggest you is YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE by louise hay.
    i prefer to spend my time with good books , i enjoy my company.

sorry if it sound a bit lecture but honestly i am in your shoe and i would like to share the stragies if it can help you.

good luck with everything in life.

8 people like this.