1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feel worn out in lif

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kavya007, Mar 23, 2010.

1. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

Kavvya,

Did you say your husband threaten your mom to beat her up? Wow.....I am not AT ALL sure how to take that.....That is too much. I don't know if any man on this planet will ever tolerate that and how do men expect women to tolerate these type of crap........Did your husband say that to your mom directly? Or did he say it to you when she was not there?

Now I FULLY understand hy you have so much of resentments against your husband....I really do....

I don't know what to tell you, Kavvya but I really really HOPE your husband has changed now.

2. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

Hi Kavya,

I feel for you. Pls take what I say as positive feedback. My intent is to help you to be aware. Not to be critical of any thing.

Based on what you wrote, your hubby did quite a few things (some probably deliberately) that are things for him to be ashamed of. There is no doubt about it.

For the length of time you are married, they seem to be about the average number of things the average hubby should be ashamed of imo. Though this is not scientific, other people may tell their opinion.

I have a friend/coworker who is very much like you and my advise to her had been learn to forget and forgive. From what I can tell, you probably never forget. Pls try to learn to forget if you could.

Time heals all wounds (only if people forget/forgive). In the case of people who don't forget (forgive) it never heals the wound. They constantly live in the rear view mirror.

Just to let you know, I think I have a happy marriage and I can count more instances where I had been a bad hubby and also my wife being as bad. But heck, life goes on and we make up and realize we are human after all!

If my words don't help, feel free to ignore this post.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  3. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

Kavya,

My hugs to you girl.. Seems like we are twin sisters.. I too am at a point where i have lost faith in all relations.. Insensitive parents, cold husband and in-laws..
    I agree with what sarma said.. Past is past.. Forgive and forget.. You cannot go back in time and change things.. Keeping bad memories in heart will only give rise to viscious cycles of hatredness betwen you and hubby.. So, forgive for your own good..

Parenthood can be very challeging.. A dad can go as much into depression as can a new mom.. So be considerate of your hubby's feelings too .. May be what you are experiencing is due to the void created by your father and his insensitive behavior..

Cheer up, meditate, enjoy your life.. Life is very short, make every moment sweet..

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  4. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Tridevji,

For the first para of y'r question, our own struggle for Indian independence is a classic example.

And for any religious related query, as i had already said, first sutdy them, contemplate them so as to understand them in depth and of most important practice them. The Gita is v. abstract , and hence i've suggested other books by realised souls. For any other religious related query , pls post them in the appropriate sub-forum < religion & spirituality < question on religion , for i don't wish to use this space for that.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010