1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feel dead inside

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Aaalll, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Aaalll

Aaalll Junior IL'ite

I am married for 4yrs now just one visit from mil n fil has shattered our marriage and I feel I am dead inside.

Apparently we were happily married, with a kid

I went to visit my parents overseas and my inlaws couldn't bare it that I took my son to his grandparents for holiday . As soon as I planned my return trip back to DH , they packed their bags n arrived within 5 days of my return( Son n me had no time to even get rid of jet lag)

I was very disappointed as I was looking fwd to spending time with DH. They sat n ate n did nothing else other than eating and shopping. Postpond their trip from 2 month to 3 months without informing me. Taunted me and my kid when hubby wasn't around day after day.i didn't complain to DH or reacted

All good still, just 1 week before leaving they created a big drama which I couldn't believe it happend. I can still hear voices loud and clear ( now it's 4months later)

We were out shopping for their things , my son was hungry and didn't eat for 5hrs not a drop of water( imagine any roadside human would b considerate and would agree goin back home so he could eat )
    I was pissed with my DH as he promised we would be home in an hour .
    In the car i told my son loudly no need sit properly( poor baby was hungry and cranky and trying to get out of his car seat) . He was tilting towards MIL and trying to get out ( mind me he was strapped and buckled !! There was no way he could come out)

Nothing happend then , after we got home drama started. PIL went to their room discussed their drama and came out and dragged my son. Imagine he's hungry and I am quickly preparing his food. I saw my son being dragged with 1 hand into their room n hes screaminf and they shut the door loudly.

I ran to see what happend and FIL blocked my way saying no need to go, i said in reply to that hes my son , so he got aggresive held my hand tight and said he's their grandchild 1st. I was so confused where this was coming from. I have never seen such people in my life.

In my head it was jus take my son n run. I went into the room he twisted my hand , and the moment my DH came he left it. DH came n asked me to leave the room, I jus took my son from mil and left .

Then All the cursing started and blaming me that I stopped my son from goin to them in the car( are they so blind ??? How can a strapped child in car seat go to her???) my son even if he isn't strapped wouldn't go to them. MIL kept screaming saying things I did this n that to DH. DH not a word to them quite as ever!!

I sat quietly in my room, came there also n yelling. I was quiet , she went away n sat on dinning table to eat n kept screaming on top of her lungs on things I didn't do or say!! I came out of the room and told her sorry if I hurt her but I would never do such a thing ( I don't know why I did that) she has high bp was concerned. Then went on with the day...

The things that were said haunt me, it shows their level of cheapness . But that doesn't hurt me... My DH not standing up for me... Kills me time and again.. Wasn't he suppose to protect me?? He doesn't accept it their parents created the drama

I burst into tears every now n then when I am with DS alone.. I have been the strongest person around but this has shattered me, our married life and my love.

I don't feel my DH loves me anymore , no interaction with me. other than give me food or about house works!!
    he talks for an hr every other day on the phone with PIL while driving

I am disheartened , haven't shared this with anyone..

2. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

Be a tigress when it comes to your son. Next time this happens, bite her hand off - dont be apologetic. How dare your FIL twists your hand - i'd have twisted his throat.

A less violent suggestion would be to call the cops on domestic violence issue and get the two morons deported.

Make this ABSOLUTELY clear to DH. Either he steps in and protects his wife and kid from these monstors or you have to protect yourself. Also make it clear that no shouting will be allowed in your house.

if DH is so blind , he can take all the abuse he wants from his parents.

11 people like this.
  3. Aaalll

Aaalll Junior IL'ite

@Jas8085 thanks I would have if FIL didn't leave my hand at that moment.

4. Aaalll

Aaalll Junior IL'ite

DH still has the nerve to say I didn't have to say anything ." He's my son".. And That every1 knows he's ur son n not adopted...

5. Aaalll

Aaalll Junior IL'ite

@jas8085 so true ... I shouldn't have been nice and should have called the cops on them.

6. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Have you discussed with your husband about this incident? Is he sorry? And how is yoir relation with PILs now?

IMO, i'd barred them from entering my house after such a violent incident alongwith no talking at all!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

I too strongly recommend banning them from entering your house again.

Stop talking to them and cut access to DS. Its their grandson FIRST is it? ask them to get access via court. Lets see which court on the planet puts them first.

5 people like this.
  8. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

"He is my son" ??? Ask him how he could quietly watch when his helpless son was being dragged away mercilessly and when the child was crying? Children think their dads are heros. How disappointing for your son if his father cant protect him in his OWN HOME!!!

9. Bfp2

Bfp2 New IL'ite

After all this drama, how could you still call him DH? Confused

10. Aaalll

Aaalll Junior IL'ite

@beingloved he's not sorry , we discussed it 2 months after this incident and he said this incident will remain as a scar in his life which won't heal " the way I treated his parents" really???? I don't understand any bit of the blame game

After the incident they behaved like nothing happend for rest of their stay.. Once they went back , called me once and after that they have never spoken to me nor did I bother speaking

Hubby talks to them while driving back home and doesn't discuss or mentions he spoke . I don't seem to show I care either what's happening