1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeding the Luscious Appetite of Gossip: Sania Mirza and Shoaib Malik

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ShailRaghuvansh, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea rShail,

Well, u are right, but media needs masala, to sell, and i am one of their greatest readers, for i need masala for my blogs.When u become famous, everything of u is int he spotlight, and i tell u Shail, these same people miss the press when no one goes to them later when they aer not famous.

Ask Rajesh Khanna and pran, how bad they feel now that no one goes to them.that is life.

i wish my life was chased by the magazines and the press, but no one comes to me.HAHA.

Regards

kamal

2. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Thanks for your candid and honest comment. That's what is so nice about reading you!

Yes, that's true. Most of these celebrities do miss all that jazz about the media and press later in lives so they tend to make the most of it when famous or notorious.

A pleasure reading your work Kamalji.

Nice Day:)
    Shail

3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Shail

Very nice and thought provoking post. Media goes frenzy, if they find even small piece of juicy news, and they make it a national news!!!

I remember all channels were relaying the "Shahrukh Grilled in Newark Airport" for throughout the day, making it such a national debate.

4. ShailRaghuvansh

Dear Radhika,

Nice that you agree on the views about gossip frenzy that the media and most of the public indulges in.

Hope to see you more often!

Shail

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shail
    This appetite for gossip has been there in all the Yugas! Have we not seen the most celebrated Avatar of Vishnu, Lord Sri Rama bidding His wife Sita to enter the Fire to prove Her innocence when a washer man, a mere washer man, gossiped about Her! Much later in Kaliyuga, Caesar proclaimed that Caesar's wife must be above board and threw his wife out again caused by gossip!

The appetite for gossip is growing by the day and perhaps the night too and so is our tolerance of the stories we hear. No one has any use for gossip except the media! The media thrives on sensationalism. A sting operation against a Professor of Aligarh Muslim University to establish him as a homosexual by a TV channeldrove the poor Professor to commit suicide.

I agree that the celebrities have to be extremely cautious in their Public behaviour. If they are spotted in an act of misadventure, they are made to pay a heavy price. Take it from me, the guys who thrive on sensationalism in news reporting are not driven by the purest of motives. They are just black mailers and thugs who should be hanged in the nearest tree!

The same papers who made life hell for Sania and Soeb are now gloating over their wedding arrangements!
    Sri

6. ShailRaghuvansh

Dear Sri,

I agree full and full with you. Media thrives on such gossip. They are just hypocritical beasts out to make some good money and fame out of these affairs. And the foolish public gets carried away with all this never realizing that one day, it could be their house that could catch fire too (celebrity or not)!

Hoping the public at least refrains from such matters but then, as you rightly mentioned, if Lord Rama could get provoked into testing his Devi Sita on the basis of a washerman's comment then the common man is a mere mortal!

Nice Day
    Shail

7. harianant

harianant New IL'ite

Hi Shail,

Thanks for writing on this sensitive topic. Several big VVIPS have suffered due to chase by crazy media. I am not justifying the role of media. But just want to give other side of the picture.

In India, many youngsters 'blindly' follow such role models and make changes in their life style just copying their heroes. They tend to change their hair style, wear similar dresses etc. They even treat their heroes as demi gods. The media has a role to cater to the interests of their audience. An 80 yr old lady neighbour asked me today whether sania's marriage is over. I was not aware. I checked the recent developments and told her. People tend to have curiosity in knowing the secret affairs of politicians / sportsmen etc. If media is not presenting the real picture, people will start spreading rumours.

Media may restrict its scrutiny and draw a 'lakhsman rekha' beyond which it should not enter in to their personal life.

A.Hari

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  8. ShailRaghuvansh

Hi Hari,

Thanks for posting your comments on this issue. I agree with you when you say that the media must know when and where to draw the lakshman rekha. The same applies to us the public too.

Only then, will the younger generation realize that all that they see (glamour, etc) is not a bed of roses.

Shail