1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeding pattern for 12 months baby

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Sunshinebeauty, May 25, 2014.

1. Sunshinebeauty

Sunshinebeauty Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

My Dd is 12 months old. Can you please share what food you give, at what time?

what will be the gap after each food?

I'm bf her, she doesn't like to drink any other milk. What to do?

Thanks.

2. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

You can start giving her regular home cooked foods that your family normally eats, with less spice. Plan for 3 meals + 2 snacks. You can slowly introduce cow's milk in small quantities and see how she likes it. If she doesn't, try milkshakes, porridge/kanji etc. Keep introducing veggies/fruits that she hasn't tried. Incorporate veggies she usually likes in regular meals. You can also try giving foods that she can pick and feed on her own - chopped banana, apple pieces, boiled carrots, peas, corn etc.

2 people like this.
  3. JustLikeYou

JustLikeYou Gold IL'ite

I give my one year old, three meals a day. i give her ready made rice cereal, oats cereal along with home made multigrain porridge. i generally mix them with cooked and mashed fruits or vegetables. i also mix rice that i cook for ourselves with yogurt. I sometimes cook toor or moong taal or beans and mix that with veggies or fruits. Egg yellow with veggies, fruits or yogurt.
    Everyday she has different preferences. But what works most of the time is the berries. I always keep frozen bags of bluberries, strawberries and raspberries. If nothing else works that particular day, i mash the berries and mix with rice cereal or daal.
    She drinks on an average 12 -15 oz of milk. I bf just once in the morning. She started having cow's milk since last week.

It's pretty challenging in my case and i hear that's common at this age.

I have tried boiled carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes, spinach, green beans, bell peppers, pumpkin, peas, berries, banana, apple, watermelon, cucumbet, avocado, mango

1 person likes this.
  4. MahaB13

MahaB13 Gold IL'ite

My DD is 11.5 months, and t she transitioned to cows milk and tolerates and likes it better than formula.
    She drinks about 24 - 26 oz milk. her schedule roughly looks like this
    6: 00 milk
    7:00 health mix porridge
    8:30 breakfast (idly/dosa/toast) + water
    9:30 milk
    11:30 lunch ( rice + dal + veggies - at home, pasta, fruits, sandwich with veggie patty - at day care) + water
    2:30 - milk + snacks (crackers, pita bread)
    5:00 - fruit + milk
    7:30 dinner ( chappathi + milk, cracked wheat/barley + veggies, dal rice)
    9:30 - milk

Some days she prefers milk, some days solids.. the menu and quantity changes per her likes.

1 person likes this.
  5. kriztina

kriztina Bronze IL'ite

1 person likes this.