FEEDING MOTHER for 2 mth baby WITH SEVERE COLD,COUGH-ADVISE

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by marilynprisca, Sep 27, 2012.

1. marilynprisca

marilynprisca Silver IL'ite

hello,

i am feeding for my 2 mth old baby(cesarean). I started my work after delivery on 45th day as we have only 45 days maternity leave.. my milk supply was not so good and i support this with giving her one time formula milk(nan 1)and I pump the milk for her. from last 2 days i have severe cold,cough sneezing with running nose. i have observed that my milk suppy is reduced. I am not taking any tablet for cold, but just took kasayam made of dry ginger,pepper & ajwain. But nothing workin out. ...for propermilk supply i m eating oats,fenugreek etc...
    plz share ur tips/advises....
    Marilyn

2. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

If the cough and cold is too much, visit a dr and ensure you mention abt your feeding.. there are tablets that can be taken while feeding..And whenver we are sick, have cold/cough/fever milk supply does reduce, and it will be back to track once you are fine. And do not stop feeding your baby now as you have antibodies in your milk to ensure your baby doesnt catch the cold/cough from you. So please please continue feeding and visit the dr or better your gynaec for your cold-cough.

Take care.

3. marilynprisca

marilynprisca Silver IL'ite

thank you very much...it surely ease my tension....

4. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

Hi,

As chotbeem has mentioned, it will be apt to consult Dr. and treat your illness. The immunity of newborn is almost nil and our cold and cough will spread to the baby. So arrest the cold and cough. Home remedy does work but it is slow in action.

Continue feeding the child, as any break in feeding will completely bring down your supply.

Happy motherhood.

Cheers,
    Sweetlife

5. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

Hi chotabeem,

How r u ? how is adi?

how was his first birthday celebrations?

6. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Hi One sweetlife!
    iam fine! thx for asking. dont see you in july forums these days? the thread is inactive.. how are you doing? how is our LO? Hw was the celebartions. It was good. Lets catch up on FB. PM me your FB ID. All of our July DDC memebers are on FB.

7. KavithaUS

KavithaUS Silver IL'ite

Feed/Pump often more than usual even if you are ill. although you will see the dip it will pick up once you are back to self. My experience-I pumped 10 times per day instead of 7 when I was ill and my DS was 6 weeks.

1 person likes this.