1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

feeding birds

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by raji_siv, Mar 11, 2009.

1. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

we are living in a apartment here. one day two sparrows were sitting back side of my kitchen window. simply sitting and watching each other
    i think they have some plans for their food....then they went.as a humanbeing, we have so many problems about our present and future
    i thought they were hungry so i put some oats for them. then evening i
    saw the same sparrows came and ate the oats which i gave. i was very happy. and i silently watched them.

you know they are very sensitive. like a thief,i am slowly doing all my work in the kitchen. if i open a tab suddenly they will go.so during their dining, i wont disturb them and strictly told my husband and my son dont disturb them at any cost.

next day another sparrow couple different in shape and colour came. first one sparrow couple is normal where we saw in india.but this is different. bodycolour is ash and neck is black and a white singlelined neck simply superb.size is also somehow bigger than previous one.

the next day one mina(in india we called the bird) alone came.

three normal pigeons came. one is very selfish. it never allows others to eat. if the selfish pigeon comes, i will make sound. and again two
    more pigeons came. but this pair is a different one. pure white and one black line on their neck.if this pair comes for breakfast or lunch
    it will also never allow sparrows to eat anything.

so daily i am giving breakfast, lunch for these visitors. if they didnot found anything they simply giving sound.

so morning during my coffee time their routine is bread pieces ( just like powder form) and alternative day oats is their food.
    we need change in tiffin . so i thought why dont we put some brokenwheat for them....all came and saw and went. i astonished about theirbehaviour.then i removed everything and started their same old oats and bread pieces.

i am very happy that all are healthy and active.......we need coffee daily in the morning. what they will drink in the morning?

i am worried about my kids,if i go for vacation who will take care of them? god is giving them food.

regards

raji

2. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dea raji
    nice wirteup and your sestivity is infectious.
    this write up reminded me of the time when there was a brood of squirrels in between the window pane and the wire mesh of one of the bathrooms. my DS would put the bread crumbs for them ,but did not like that they would not eat , but the parents would take in their mouth and feed the kids.Big Laugh
    God gave us supierior knowledge , but more of the greed.

3. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

dear muzna,

thanks for sharing. i saw the mother bird take the food and feed the young ones.

God gave us supierior knowledge , but more of the greed.[/quote] well said.:)

raji

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear raji,
    old habit of putting rice to the crows is slowly dying. so when i read your post i was very happy. nicely written. you are so nice that is why you are so much worried about the birds dear.lovely
    with love
    pad.

5. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Raji,
    Iam also a lover of birds & i keep feeding them and listening to their chirping. If you start observing them you will notice, you will learn many lessons from them.
    So continue dear,Raji.
    Jaya

6. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

dear padmini,

basically i am a very emotionall and care taking person. thanks for your feedback.

raji.

7. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

Dear jaya,

thanks for the fb. but i like birds should be free always. then only they will be happy.i wont like seeing the birds in the cage like a prison. surely they feel bad. yes i saw sometimes they are doing romance also. quite interesting bonk to see their activities.

raji.