Feedbacks on Soundaryalahari (sanskrit verse in english & tamil fonts) & Tamil Verse

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Hamsadhwani, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.C,

It is such a delight to note the posting of Soundarya Lahari. It is such a time consuming task to post the sanskrit font in tamil.

It is a wonderful Hymn in Praise of Ambal and thank u for sharing this with this community.

I see you have added tamil verse at the end. Is it a translation of the sanskrit verse or was it composed by someone?

As always,:2thumbsup:

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Re: Soundaryalahari (sanskrit verse in english & tamil fonts) & Tamil Verse:

Dear Chith,
    My husband often says service to devotee is service to God. I think worshipping your hardwork is worshipping God. I see sakshath Neelasaraswathi in your writings. May you be blessed by HER more and more to serve devotees. Sorry I sent feedback in the middle of your postings but the urge could not be contained.
    Regards,
    Meenu

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Radha,
    You are the first one to send a F B for shlokas always !
    Yes, I know, I have undertaken a mammoth task. But a beginning has to be done some day, right ? My Meenakshi will guide me through, definitely !
    This is not available on the net anywhere.
    kb2000 has agreed to make 3 different pdf files after I post all the 100 shlokas.
    I have 2 tamil translation books with me. I preferred, what I have posted to the other. I wanted to give credit to the author who has written it. The name was not given & so I just now phoned to the publisher & found out. His name is KalaBharathi.
    I understand the meaning better by reading the thamizaakkam.
    Thankyou very much.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2 people like this.
  4. Chitvish

Dear Meenu,
    Thankyou for "rushing" me the F b.
    Please, please, please Neela Saraswathi is the Ultimate - do not compare me with her. I always pray to her more for "faultless" writing !
    Your words are so encouraging that I am already planning to take up Lalitha Sahasranamam the same way, Meenakshi willing !
    Love,
    Chith.

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

wonderfull chitra nice to see both tamil and english for all the ilites...congrats...love sunkan

6. Chitvish

Dear Sunkan,
    Thankyou very much. Your feedback means a lot to me!
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. kb2000

kb2000 Bronze IL'ite

Dear C,

Is it possible to get the picture of Garbha Rakshambikai a little bigger. Now it is so small.

Thanks a lot,
    Kb2000

8. Chitvish

Dear kb,
    It gets resized thus - whatever size I post. In my cookery forum also, the same thing happens. Save it in your file & make it bigger, by " stretch & skew" method. That is what I do.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. kb2000

kb2000 Bronze IL'ite

Thankyou C.

Now we all had the blessings of "Madurai Meenakshi".

Thanks again C :yes:

-kb2000

10. Chitvish

Dear kb,
    Lots of Ammans are waiting to make their appearance here - to the extent possible, I will not leave out anybody !
    Love,
    Chithra.