1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:As a rejoinder I wish to add:
    While reading and in some cases studying one may get ideas for and or against the central idea of the post. Some may Immediately type out their response. Some may after reading the post contemplate for a while and plan out their response and soak in that mood brood over time before typing the decided FB. some may even prefer to read all FBs that appear and wish to respond or otherwise later. For few responding is serious and evenfor some it is a serious even prestigious matter. For some it depends on the nature of post. You know what I do and you also know how others do it.
    OMG I AM ON FEEDBACK ON FEEDBACK.Let me halt here before it backfires!
    Thanks and Regards.

periamma and kaniths like this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma

Sorry for the late reply. When I was a newcomer here, I know how much you encouraged me to write here. You are really a great motivator. Thanks for all the support and encouragement.

Regarding acknowledging feedbacks my feedbacks sometimes (a little too many) never gets acknowledged by OP even in stories section. I just think maybe they missed it. While in some other general discussion my post would get liked by other members and even quoted by some but never by OP. Maybe I am just too blunt and straightforward. As I have the right to express they might have the right to ignore. Its ok. These days I miss acknowledging as I don’t receive notifications Properly and also I sometimes don’t login for two weeks or so. My notifications will be close to 50. Hard to keep track. Don’t worry ma. Just express your views and leave it.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jskls Late reply sweet reply. Thank you ma

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Sorry Periamma for my late response to this thread.
    You have been encouraging all of us by your feedback to our posts, yes. I do give feedback, but generally tend to read a bit and move on to another, for no apparent reason. Besides, I came to IL to try a few things in writing and feel now that I don't have that urge anymore. Blunt it may be, but I write for myself and consider feedback as a tool to get better. I browse only a couple of sections and read only for a few minutes these days. Happy to read your tamil verses. Write more Periamma. Will provide feedback as much as possible.-rgs

periamma likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@rgsrinivasan Thanks for your response. I can't forget Your Poems on Divinity .Superp verses

6. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

I love feedback than original writing. Feedback is spontaneous and low-calorie compared to the intensive original writing. I could scratch ten voluble feedbacks for each original writing of mine. However, I am restricted in my feedbacks because I tend to get informal and dope-headed. Members like Cheeniya and Viswa familiar with my winding and hoarse response overlook when I go overboard. Let her excite away in her serpentine analysis. They are permissive to my wild feedbacks which start at ground zero and reach the crescent moon. I cannot take that excessive liberty with unfamiliar voices. Hence I tend to be wary and territorial in my activity amidst merciful bloggers. Others, I am afraid I might upset or slight or confound or blanch them with my very first (uninhibited) feedback. For those merciful handful of bloggers I am the 'known devil' they can withstand. To answer your inquiry, I am not cut for a lot of sentimental formality, as is wont in blogosphere, hence I prefer my limited quarry to be equally mindful of my comportment to be presumptuous informal. I don't think my reply squarely answers your inquiry thus is self-referential.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Thyagarajan, periamma and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma,

When we spend time in IL, it is more to do with time every one spends in IL and which topic resonates well. I always enjoy reading your straight from the heart threads. Sometimes I have something to say while other times I feel I have nothing to contribute. Frankly, I enjoy giving feedback than writing snippets. If I reread my threads and responses, I like my responses more than the snippets. Even in my own snippets, when I respond I share more than what I said in the snippet. It is like debating a topic with different views coming from others. Only so much we can write in a snippet and no one likes to read a lengthy snippet. I like to give substantive responses.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and periamma like this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Ouroboros Thanks for your response.your views are perfectly right

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra Thanks Viswa sir. Frankly to say sometime I can't understand the high profound style in some snippets. I don't like to give fb without knowing the meaning of the subject. That's not right too. I hope you accept my views.once again Thanks Viswa

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I feel very happy when I get feedback froma great writer like you. Many years back I must have got your feedback.