1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback needed on kirklands cookware.

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by nine9, Aug 7, 2012.

1. nine9

nine9 Junior IL'ite

I need some feedback on both of these cookware.

kirklands Hard anodized cookware set from costco
    kirklands stainless steel cookware set.

Which one is dishwasher safe.
    Which one is good for frying like potato fry and plaintain fry with less oil.
    Which needs less maintenance.

Regarding stainless steel, I always have this doubt. It looks good, But will it look the same after an year. Will there be any scratches if I use scrubers to clean. As food in SS cookware is always likely to get greasy on surface.
    Pls clarify. Give me general clarification whether to go for SS or HA

I like both of these cookware, but need some advice before buying them.
    I have a separate griddle and non stick pan for frying.
    Buying this for the pots, and pans for occasional use.

524663.jpg 559728.jpg

2. nive80

nive80 Bronze IL'ite

I don't have the set from Kirklands. But i have both hard Anodized and a stainless steel set from macy's. Both of the sets are not recommended to be used in a dishwasher. I hand wash them and i should say that the anodized set has lasted more than 2.5yrs and the stainless set for 1.5 years and are still in good condition.

Also both my husband and me did not want to spend too much on the stainless steel set as i found it to be too expensive in comparison to the ones from India. So i just went for the basic one. But i have a couple of separate Cuisinart sauce pans and i should say that they are also not recommended to be used in the dishwasher if you want the shine to last.

But my recommendation would be the hard anodized set if you want to fry stuff. Potato fried on a SS set requires more oil and tends to get stuck for me. But on the HA set i require very less oil and i get the job done too without anything stuck ;).

Ultimately it's up to the individual and how one follows the maintenance specified.

Hope this helps.