1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feed your baby with books!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shana1729, Jun 16, 2011.

1. shana1729

shana1729 New IL'ite

[​IMG]

I do not know how many of you would agree it, but I DO believe books are the 'best' baby sitter and 'food' for their cognitive development. Having seen mom's using TV as a 'baby' sitter, I can not digest the idea at all..! It is a fact that TV does give lot of information to our children, but I do not want to forget that the 'worse' side of it is always prominent than the 'best' part of it.

I actually do not believe in making our toddlers sit in front of TV. It was a tougher decision to take, but believe it or not, we do not have a TV at home now. Being a mom working from home , it is really hard and important for me to manage my time. I do not have a domestic help either (I mean in US I do not think that it's a practice, like we have in India). So engaging my child with something innovative, interesting, harmless and beneficial has been challenging for me, as well.

I have been successful in making my child love books than anything else. She and I read lots of books together. She is 1 and half year old, but she has an amazing library of books.:)

I take her to nearby public library and she loves seeing books and of course reading them too.

I have experienced that books gives lots of insights to kids, and they do not get bored of seeing same book again and again. It arises curiosity in them! Their imagination flies beyond mom's expectations, they learn quickly.

I blog about our reading experiences every Wednesday in my personal blog. We have actually started an online 'Reading Club' where we (any bloggers) informally unite and read books with their toddlers and share their story on every Wednesday.

So what I intended through this post is that:

1) If any mom's out here is interested in 'reading along', you are warmly welcomed. You can blog in IL/In your personal blog/guest post in my personal blog/any which way you want.
    2) I would like to get inputs from amazing bunch of mom's out here. I am a first time mom, your inputs on different books, interactive books, games, other innovative idea etc would be extremely appreciated.

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

My dear shana,

A very good thought provoking post. As you have mentioned we can always give books to the child and make them to improve their knowledge and can find their skills very well dear.