Feed back for braino brain

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by riazparveen, Dec 1, 2013.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

DD goes to Brain-O-Brain.My feedback is also same as Manisha.They do take backup classes when a class is missed or concept is not clear.But Abacus needs a lot of practice to master the method.Parents need to put a lot of effort from their end.Children also tend to loose interest based on the teaching methid at school and in BOB.(Based on my exp) DD enjoyed maths at school while over the months she thought of Abacus as a burden.Actually we parents should take up the task of making them understand that it is a useful method.

Otherwise it is a good way of teaching maths to kids.Also, there are other institutes like UCMAS where they teach Abacus.One of my known acquintance's son studies there and now they are in Malaysia for his competition.He is one among the few who have got selected for the competition from Doha.

1 person likes this.
  2. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Thats a great piece of info, Bhuvana.

I went to my friend's place yesterday, whose DD is also going to Brain-O-Brain for Abacus classes. I checked with her and came to know that they admit students from the age of 5. The main criteria is that the child has to be familiar with the numbers, till 100.

3. riazparveen

riazparveen New IL'ite

Bhuvana,
    Actually my elder daughter is studying 6th and she does well in maths .She even got full marks in her sa1. I want to put her in a personality development class. How is bob in that field. besides if she learns abacus now at this age will she have any benefit? Where is the training centre for ucmas? In bob what is the base (actually i have heard that there are different methods depending on their base like base 9, base 5)

4. bhuvnidhi

Yes, there are different levels in Abacus/But when ou start learning it , I think it is mandotary to go from level 1.You can check with BOB on placing a 6th grader.May be she might learn faster. BOB claims to concentrate on kid's overall personality development.The course and their sylabus is actually good.But you need to have the right kind of faculty to make things work.It is definitely not the same as how it is taught in India.Something like the difference between FIIT-JEE India and the same in Qatar.You know what I mean?

I can check on UCMAS for you.Give me couple of days.I can get the feedback about the same for you.Menawhile you can get the location through google I believe.

5. riazparveen

riazparveen New IL'ite

Actually when i read about braino brain, that was what i was thinking , 'the syllabus is good but how much will the faculty ensure ?' .Thank you for checking ucmas for me.

6. bhuvnidhi

Parveen , Okay here is the FB on UCMAS.The boy's parents are very much satisfied with UCMAS.They said they are satisfied with the faculty as well.It is located in E ring road near LuLu hyper.But they cover only Abacus it seems.I would suggest you go to both the places compare their sylabuses and other aspects which is of importance to you and then decide.

7. riazparveen

riazparveen New IL'ite

Ok thank you very much for your efforts