1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Dress

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by puni88, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

The Saree ofcourse. I think its very unique to our culture and very beautiful on all women. I like all the different type and materials and i think when we were it in the U.S. it shows our pride in our culture and love of our country.:)
    regards
    anandchitra

2. sm_dinoji

sm_dinoji New IL'ite

Kanchi silk is my favorite dress on all major functions. Jeans and skirt for casual Wear

3. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey

nice thread, well i have almost every outfit in my wardrobe... i can wear a mini skirt with as much comfort, as i wud have wearing a saree...

my favorite outfit is a freshly ironed jeans and a nice cotton shirt, tucked inside and wear my sharp toed shoes...

also i love to wear, Patiala salwar kameez... i love to wear sarees too, only when i learn properly how to wear them !!! :-D

so my point of view is that one can wear anything as long as they know how to "carry" it on them... on should know how to carry an outfit and any outfit can look great

~Abha

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Ilove to wear saris as well as saris.I love bright coloured churidars.,with nehru collar.

5. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

I love wearing saree with matching jewellery. Some times salwar suits also. Skirt and jeans for casual wear for me.

1 person likes this.
  6. VidhyaS

VidhyaS New IL'ite

:goodidea: Good thread puni88!

My personal favorite:
    Light-weight, silky feel pants / trousers and polos, cotton embroidered salwar-kurtas and kurtis over jeans.

And I completely agree with the post by Abha - it's all in the way one carries it!

One other thing - I feel a dress becomes a complete outfit only when appropriately accessorized, i.e. the jewellery, the shoes, how you wear your hair, hand bag, pullovers/sweaters and all other accompaniments can make or break the appearance.

7. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

I like dresses (like frocks in India). When the summer comes, you see me wearing most of those.

8. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

I like dresses (like frocks in India). When the summer comes, you see me wearing most of those. They are the most comfortable clothes.

9. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

My all Time Favourite is Saree & Skirts ... I love them ... I wear Skirts and tops for casuals and when I visit my In-laws or occassion days wear Sarees... :cool2: ...

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi all

yes we girls are really lucky to have so much variety....my usual attire would be jeans or long skirts with tops.....and for "dressing up" ethnic salwaars or sarees(cottons and silks only)