Favourite Delhi Street Food

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by SoniaVerma, May 11, 2009.

1. SoniaVerma

SoniaVerma Senior IL'ite

2. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

Street food in Delhi

I recently paid a visit to Chittaranjan Park, near Nehru Place in South Delhi.The DDA Market No 1 has an amazing variety of inexpensive non veg street food.
    There are at least 4 shops selling Kolkata style kathi rolls - egg roll, mutton roll, paneer roll, chicken roll and egg chicken roll and many others too. The shop also has a chinese-chat counter which sells everything form chowmein, veg manchurian, chicken manchurian and chilly chicken and sweet and sour chicken. To round off the experience there are outlets selling hyderabadi dum biriyani, momos, ghugni and mutton - gughni.
    To finally round up, there are a few shops selling authentic bengali sweets like rosogollas and misti doi.
    I would like my fellow ILites to tell me about street food in other parts of Delhi.
    :cheers

3. chanchal088

chanchal088 Senior IL'ite

Re: Street food in Delhi

Hi Bandana,

Nice to hear that you are enjoying yourself with those delicious foods. I was myself feeling the urge to have some Garam rolls.

Well other places where I had good street foods are in Chandni Chowk, the parathas there are real tasty and behind Sarojini Nagar market you will get different types of chats.

I am certain the food lovers will surely help you to find more street food good places in Delhi.

4. amandeepkohli

amandeepkohli New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I recently had some lovely Momos at Gurgaon. It was available in most Malls. Can anybody suggest where I can get authentic and tasty Momos in Delhi?

Thanks in advance.
    Aman
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. Ayesha88

Ayesha88 New IL'ite

Oh! I love momos.

Momos are a popular street food item in Delhi. They are available in both non veg and veg avtars. They are easy to digest and easy to prepare. I have found momo kiosks in almost every market of Delhi from Inderpuri, Karol Bagh, Moti nagar, to Lajpat nagar (South Delhi) to even Dilshad Garden in East Delhi.

I have a thumb rule. I go for momo kiosks where the seller belongs to the North East region of India. They make the best momos.
    Happy momo eating!

6. sweetsanjam

sweetsanjam Senior IL'ite

I must say I love the chat served in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>. Some of the best and authentic chat can be found only in the walled city area or rather Delhi-6. I and my friend drop for the papri chat at the Shree Balaji Chat Bhandar. Their papri chat with its chick peas and tamarind chutney is simply out of this world. Another must have is the Lala Babu Chat Bhandar at 77, Chandni Chowk right opposite McDonalds. Their samosas have a unique filling of phoolgobi and matar (just like bengali samosas) and are very popular.

Finally, for the fruit chat my favourite shop is the Jugal Kishore Ramji Lal at Chawri Bazar, Chandni Chowk, Delhi-6.I quite like the fruit chat and what is more it is quite friendly on the pocket.

:thumbsup

7. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

A very informative thread. But the Chandni Chowk area is also famous for its non- veg delicacies too. Many shops sell mutton briyani, cooked over wooden fires and you wont find the taste anywhere else in Delhi.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  8. vamigos

vamigos New IL'ite

Have you tried Munchin's Momos in Sahara mall. Small and reasonable shop but too good.

9. vamigos

vamigos New IL'ite

Have you tried Munchin's Momos in Sahara mall. Small and reasonable shop but too good.

10. vamigos

vamigos New IL'ite