Favourite AD?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Naveena, Jul 13, 2007.

1. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

I guess it was the Surf Excel AD It shows a brother fighting with a water puddle coz his sister fell over it, eventually getting himself dirty.

"Daag Acche Hote Hai"

2. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Being an avid animal activist and animal lover .. my vote would go for the Videocon ad ... where the dog would scratch the disc and lie down quietly.. in the hope that the disc would be spoilt and his master would play with him !!!

Ofcourse there are many other cute ads ... the airtel one .. where the boy calls his grandfather and they play chess over the phone ... i think all of airtels' ads are good .. and ofcourse the Hutch ad where the little pup comes out of the trunk during the magic show !!

3. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear All
    You have already mentioned all my favourite ads..:-D Sorry I am a little late.

Here's one
    I love the HSBC ad which emphasises on the point "Each person has a different way of looking at the same thing".
    The Ad where the mom throws away the worm from the cauliflower in disgust and the little boy places it in a glass jar with a plant and labels it "pintoo".
    It's very natural and cute.

Regards
    Honeybee

4. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

hi,
    i too love the surf excel ad featuring the brother and sister..and the airtel ad (grand dad and grandson)
    some time back, there was a bajaj ad...which shows youngsters who look modern and yet are traditional.. Two bikers swerve and go around a rangoli so that they dont spoil it.. A girl is riding a bike with her boyfriend and removes her hand from his waist when she sees an elderly person.. A jean clad girl covers her hair when she is passing a gurudwara...A boy apologises to his friend for touching him accidentally with his foot...These are some of the visuals i remember..The gestures and sentiments are so truly indian.. I felt this ad captured our spirit really well...

5. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear,
    its a goot thread to write.
    You know there is one AD in DISH network "IMPINGI, a telephone calling card where a kid used to inform every little detail to his Nanu and even in the middle of the night he used to let his dog to wish his Nanu ". It was funny.
    Even there were so many in India to add on like an add of a soap in which a newly wed lady was picturised, Bru instant Coffee, and the Jalebi boy AD, I don't remember the product.
    I will write some more .......................:wave

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

the 'menthos ad', where a college student gets into the class late and the professor turns him back and then he gets an idea and comes to the class again but walking backwards to show that he is going out of the class. The professor was so engrossed in his teaching asks him to get back to the seat.
    'Bru ad' where the wife pours coffee in a small cup and saucer to announce that she is pregnant, to her husband.
    Sriniketan

7. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Wonderful thread. However I could not recognise most of the ads.. Partly bcos i rarely see TV..But all the descriptions were beautiful.

8. Naveena

Naveena New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

First of all thanks for keeping the thread going. I had almost forgotten many of the wonderful ads. When I read your replies, I feel like telling, hey that's my favourite too!!

Veena.

9. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Bit too late to this thread. Many of my favourite ad's have found place. But some of the good ones that have been left out

Lifeboy ad where the boys clean the rain water in the pitch to keep the match going

the hutch/vodofone ad where the cute pug carries the socks for the girl

a small boy carries water in a bucket with hole for washing and says about salt water (surf excel ad)

as a matter fact all surf excel ads with children are toooo good

Way back there use to be an ad for nutrine maha lacto when a boy in the flight explains the toffee to the GM of Nutrine

All Johnsons ad's with cute babies....

The Maggi Ketchup ad (its different ad)

while saying all the good one I wish to add the one I despise
    - all ads for axe...........they are cheap. wish they stop it.

with luv
    rathisrini:wave:wave

10. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

i like vodafone's add...
    Bank of india..
    pepsodent