1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Indian Artists Or Illustrators

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by BhumiBabe, Jun 20, 2017.

1. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

I tried searching and somewhat failing to find Indian artists who create fine art. I've found some interesting art on Etsy, but they tend to lean on digital art. ByUmaJ (my favorite artist) and Arthoji have beautiful collections.

I am not against religious art, but it needs to be a little different from the run of the mill prints you get at temples.

Can you suggest any interesting artists to check out?

momsky likes this.

2. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Pratyasha Nithin's Art Page

I like the work of Gustav Klimt but he is a Western artist and of course Amrita Shergill who is half-Indian but painted Indian scenes using the techniques of Western realism. Her painting "Two Elephants" is most enchanting.

[​IMG]

My favourite website for Indian fine art, antiquities, jewellery and property is of course Saffron Art: Indian Art: Auction House, Fine Art Auctions - Saffronart.com.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    momsky likes this.
  3. BhumiBabe

@Umanga - Thanks for the suggestions. Amrita Shergill's works look amazing. My friend's favorite artist is Gustav Klimt. I have too many favorite to count. I love John Fernandes's works. My favorite modern artist is Asencio.

I like Himanshu's work - he's into Origami, and his work is stunning.

I also wanted to share another artist/illustrator, who might not be exactly fine art, but talented nonetheless. Archana Sreenivasan

momsky likes this.
  4. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Thanks for mentioning UmaJ! I think I will get her Igloo Skirt illustration if she can make me a bigger version.

Also, checkout Farida Zaman www.faridazaman.com , she's one of my favourite local Indian artist.

BhumiBabe likes this.
  5. BhumiBabe

Great recommendation. So pretty illustrations!