1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Authors/Books

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Vandhana, Feb 22, 2006.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello vandana

we have a whole new
    wall of books
    shelf that books
    authors old and new
    books on health,
    society relationships
    global warming
    gardening...
    fiction..books for children
    the list is endless
    from your list...
    jefrey archer same same..
    john grisham the client and testament
    author conan doyle
    and all perry mason books.
    robin sharma...who will cry...the best i think is the greatness guide..

there is a child in every grownup...and i love books for children... anything that has animals birds or kids. i write stories for children too...!
    i have a collection of chicken soup for the soul... wonder why we dont have anything like this out here in india...
    there are replicas of those stories in journals and sites...with no reference to original...!

sathya

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear vandhana,
    both my daughters have all varities of fictions, my shelf contains only palmistry,cherio,william g. benham, numerology, japanese numerology, accupressure and reflexology by devendra vora and another author,suryanamaskar,pranyama, the bhagavath gita by swami chidbhavananda, and many sloka books as i recite a lot and memorise them to keep me cool...the rest which i read like the men don't listen and woman can't read maps kind i return to people who lend me...robin's and lajja, and ofcourse many autobiography of indira gandhi and abdul kalam are also there,oops forgot my photoshop books a good collection of them.. sorry not in a table but am listing as i recollect..sunkan

3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

For all you "Rebecca" fans - hope you watched the movie - it is great . Black and White movie with Laurence Olivier & Joan Fontaine - one of my very good friends gave it to me as a gift - she went out of her way to find it for me!!!

4. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Hey hi IL
    I am a new member and just chanced upon the thread. Hmmm real good to see we people share the same favourites.
    I have been a voracious reader ever since i started my alphabets. So, the list goes from Archies, Tinkle, Chandamama, Gokulam, Enid Blyton, Nancy Drew's, JKRowling, Sydney Sheldon, Agatha, J Archer, Authur Hailey, Michael Connelly, Micheal Chrichton, Eric sehgal, Nora Roberts, Andrea kane, Johanna Lindsey, Jude Deveraux, Wood House, Dan Brown, Arundati Roy, Salman Rushdie, and still trying out as many Authors.
    And apart from fiction, I have a good collection of Monk who sold his ferrari series of books, robin sharma, deepak chopra, eknath easwaran, and few of religion and self-help by various authors.
    The favourite books list will go on and on, so i dont think i am going to mention it and end up taking your times.
    Let me know of some other author's interesting books.
    Cheers,
    Padma

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  5. guntupallisri

guntupallisri New IL'ite

I was just going through your book list, i read some but would love to complete the list. I just want to add the book i am reading at present which is very interesting and couldn't lay down (even with 2 kids).

East of Eden by john steinbeck

6. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

I have always loved books all my life. There is not a single night that I can go to bed without reading atleast a page. I have to thank my mom for getting me into the habit of reading. I think my favs include..all of enid blyton's books ( as a kid), Robin Cook's Books ( when I wanted to be doctor) ,Prodigal daughter by Jeffrey Archer, Most of Sidney Sheldon's work, Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell, Pride and Prejudice, etc..etc. I want to read some thrillers. Any suggestions anybody? I love murder mystery, supernatural or any sort of thriller as long as its not a complete blood fest.

Thank you...
    Sakshi.

7. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

hi,
    i love all of R.K. Narayan's works....reader's digest condesed novels are great to read...they have some very good old novels which are rare to find otherwise...am a big fan of ayn rand....atlas shrugged is her best!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  8. bhagirathi

bhagirathi New IL'ite

Hello all,
    I love reading books too and glad to meet other book lovers here.

These are some of my top faves that I can't get enough of even after multiple re-reads...

1) Pride and Prejudice
    2) The Alchemist
    3) Atlas Shrugged (I always apply our country's "quota" policy while reading this)
    4) Being happy( Andrew Matthews)
    5) Ponniyin selvan
    6) Mahabharata (by Rajaji- sets me thinking each time)
    7) The Scarlet Pimpernel (childhood fave)
    8) The three musketeers (Same as above)
    9) Any book by PG Wodehouse
    10) The maddest book I've read yet: The Hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy!

:)
    -Bee

9. bhagirathi

bhagirathi New IL'ite

Hi Sakshi
    If you want what's- next- kind- of- suspense, try Grisham's books. You can start with "The Partner" or "The Firm". No murder mysteries here, but still very interesting page-turners.

Have fun reading :)
    -Bee

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Sakshi - For murder mysteries my current fav is Ruth Rendell's Inspector Wexford series. I just finished 'Simisola'. Others are "Kissing the gunner's daughter", "Not in the flesh" , "Harm done" - I could go on and on...

Vanathi.