1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fathers Day (2013) is just around the corner! Join in Ladies!

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by Rakhii, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Father's Day (16th June) is just around the corner! Time to appreciate all the wonderful dads at home. They do such an awesome job, dont they? I know, sometimes they get a tad too busy at work but that doesn't/shouldn't stop us from making this day special for them. What say ladies?

What better way to thank them than a small gift made specially by their own children? And what better day than Fathers day to showcase the love you put into making this gift?

I was thinking, lets share ideas and motivate/help our children make the gift and post what they did (if its ok with you) here.

Here is what I am planning on doing:

1. Small customized card. I have a few envelops where I can stick in the picture and make it in to a photo greeting card. I am planning on helping my DD draw (well, she just scribbles right now) something inside.

2. Going to buy a coffee mug that says "worlds greatest dad" and help my DD get thumb prints on the mug, attesting the same.

3. My DH and I love cooking. One of our favorite home cooks have released her book and I am planning on getting one for him.

Thats all ladies, if you have anything else to add, please do!! Lets make this day special for them!

6 people like this.

2. svh14

svh14 Senior IL'ite

Perfect day to show ur hubby hw much he mean to you as your kids father

1 person likes this.
  3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Rakhii, you really motivate us and maybe put us to shame at times! Thanks for the idea of celebrating it!
    How about making a collage of pics of your DD with your hubby? Something like the moment when she was first placed in your husbands' arms... This pic could be the centre of card with pics all around it that were special moments like this one. The matter could be something like "worlds best dad" , or " the moment I realized I have a very special dad" ... I'm not that creative but you are... So maybe you could improvise!

Another idea could be a pic of your hubby when he was a baby and your DD at the same age ( if your DD looks just like him) and write something to that effect.

I like your ideas...great going dear! Hope you have fun!

3 people like this.
  4. Rakhii

AH! Thanks a ton Rose and svh for the response. I was almost thinking that this must be a crappy idea as I didnt get any responses!

Rose, I didnt mean to put anyone to shame :) I love your ideas. Are you planning for this collage?

5. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Maybe not now... As the baby is inside me now... But since I got the idea now, I will keep it in mind and try to collect pics for Fathers day next year:)
    We are actually very chilled ( call it lazy) and my hubby didn't even wish me mothers day this year...when asked he said " oh but where is the baby yet?!"

And no... The idea is not crappy... We are just not as creative ;-)

1 person likes this.
  6. Rakhii

OK...so, the frosted glass thing didnt work out. Instead, I am getting her hand print on plaster, put a picture beside it. Bought a card and my DD scribbled on it. I couldn't wait to show it to you guys!

New Image.JPG

Here is the card
    New Image2.JPG [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

It's very pretty and cute!

1 person likes this.
  8. Rakhii

Thanks Rose :)
    The print is a little messy as she was ready to eat the plaster. had about 3 seconds to get it right and it came out clumsy.

9. greenwire

greenwire New IL'ite

Hand written/drawn cards are always a favorite among dads.

10. Rakhii

Its that time of the year already!!! any plans to make the Dad's day special ladies?