1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fate throws fortune, but not everyone catches.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 15, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Fate is the promise that life is not a random string of tragedy and comedy without meaning. Fate proclaims that our lives are in fact so meaningful, so necessary, that our stories are written by the gods and goddesses, by the heavens themselves. We may only glimpse our fate, hinted by the stars or the creases of our hands; but even this glimpse is evidence of our contract with the universe, that we are players in the great wheel of life and death and rebirth.

SY MONTGOMERY, Spell of the Tiger

We always worry about our fate but God has already written our fate. I used to worry what will happen , when. But now I have come to the conclusion that God has already written for me what is going to happen. So now I feel why to sit and worry about what is going to happen.So I feel Better do good things as far as possible, love all, be good to everyone, dont think of bad for anyone. God knows what is good for us and whatever he gives us there is a reason and instead of thinking and worrying about all those I feel better to lead my life with hope and think that everything happens for a reason and God will take care as Hehas been taking care so long

“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.” - Denis Waitley

The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth.” - Unknown

8 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

So sad 56 views but no fb. All my fans are busy with Independence day I celebration I think. For me all days are same whether is is working day or holiday. I am glued to Indusladies

3. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

my dear Viji,

See you are great.Everybody loves you for this

Love,
    Bhavna

2 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much Bhavna dear for making me happy and making my day with your first fb.

5. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji aunty,
    That is the essence of living a good life.
    I have read somewhere that if one can touch someone's life in a positive manner, our life is worthwhile.
    Your posts always touch hearts with positive messages aunty.
    Thank you,

2 people like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

My Guru taught, "Not a blade of grass moves without the will of the Lord". But how does He determines His will? He determines His will based on Law of Karma. He is full of love and that is the reason why He gifted life to us to realize who we are and what is our objective. However, it is our own past actions that unfolds in the form of reactions in our present life and it is our thoughts of unfulfilled desires and attachments tying us to go through several cycle of birth and death.

If we need to overcome this cycle, we need to discipline our mind through a process of purification. We should help fellow beings with love and compassion, adore good thoughts and actions and illuminate our mind with true knowledge that liberate our soul. It is a continuous effort until we achieve our goal. The day we become selfless, desire free, unattached, achieve equanimity to treat pleasure and pain the same way, we begin wiping our bad Karma and move towards the path of liberation.

Viswa

4 people like this.
  7. TheBeliever

TheBeliever Silver IL'ite

well written viji ma'm!Hats off ...

1 person likes this.
  8. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Iyerviji....
    Your explanation about the fate has made me sit and contemplate a lot.We will never know the why, how, what, when etc.The experiences are different for the children belonging to the same family.The concept of each individual Karma comes into being then.
    Awareness of this phenomenon is the most important fact to keep in mind.To be aware that such and such is happening for the better good;A positive attitude to the vicisittudes of life will help.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi dear thanks for your compliments, you also have a good heart and love and affection in abundance thats why you always motivate and encourage me

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear thanks for the thought provoking fb as always. True our past actions unfolds in the form of reactions in our present life. It is very difficult to get moksha and not to take birth again and knowingly or unknowingly we do so many mistakes in our life.

As always I took the help of Google , my dearest friend to know about karma and this is what I got, which I amsharing with you, which you must be already knowing

FROM GOOGLE

The shortest explanation of karma that I know is: 'you get what you give'. In other words; whatever you do intentionally to others, a similar thing will happen to yourself in the future. Causing suffering to others will cause suffering to ourselves, causing happiness to others will result in happiness for oneself.

Perhaps our biggest to understanding or even believing in karma may be time. The 're-actions' or results of our actions usually show up with a big time delay, and it becomes extremely hard to tell which action caused which result. Actions done in a previous life can create results in this life, but who can remember their past life, and who can tell exaclty which action caused which result? For ordinary humans, the mechanisms of karma can be intellectually understood to some extent, but never completely "seen".

The idea behind karma is not only found in Buddhism and Hinduism; it seems that the Bible certainly conveys the same essence. although here God is the medium that links actions to their results:

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A person reaps what he sows.

When we meet with big problems; disease, loss of family or friends, getting trapped in a war or natural disaster. At those times, we suddenly wonder: "Why me?" The law of karma does not look for a reason outside ourselves for our good or bad fortune, it simply explains our own suffering as a result of our negative deeds towards others, and our happiness as a result of our actions to help others.

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
    Unknown source

As the Buddha taught:

"Do not think a small sin will not return in your future lives.
    Just as falling drops of water will fill a large container,
    The little sins that steadfast accumulate will completely overwhelm you.

Do not think a small virtue will not return in your future lives.
    Just as falling drops of water will fill a large container,
    The little virtues that steadfast accumulate will completely overwhelm you."

The Auspicious or Endless Knot (see image on the right) symbolises the nature of reality where everything is interrelated and only exists as part of a web of karma and its effect. (It can also be seen as an auspicious sign for long life, as it is endless.)

Attached Files: