fasting procedure for the wellbeing of kids??

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by nebula2009, Feb 24, 2015.

1. nebula2009

nebula2009 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies
    Can anyone tell me what fasting to observe for the well being of kids?? Health and happiness.. I would like to fast for lord muruga.. Pls help..

2. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @nebula2009 ,

I am not aware of any Vrat specially for the kids well being. However I will refer you to the following link of Sister @Chitvish's thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p...99-special-shlokas-for-specific-purposes.html
    who has compiled special shlokas for specific purposes.

Hope you may find it useful.

May Baba bless you, your DH and your children in abundance.

Om Shri Sai Aarogya Kshemadhaya Namaha- Humble salutation to the one who grants health, happiness and security.

3. csyde

csyde Silver IL'ite

From the threads related to Shasti vratam in indusladies, I came across a post saying that fasting in suddha Shasti - shashti that comes after amavasya is the best one to be done for kids. Fasting rules can be decided by you according to ur convenience. Complete day without solids or having light tiffin in the evenings etc. for other details please browse the related thread.

Also if it is for grown up kids, I heard that in Ramayana if you read the chapter of rama's gunas in balakanda -kids will have sadbuddhi.

Hope it helps.