Fashion Jewelry/Tailoring Beads/Indian Dolls in Trichy/Coimbatore

Discussion in 'Coimbatore' started by parvathy1, Oct 3, 2013.

1. parvathy1

parvathy1 New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Would anyone be able to help me on fashion jewels shopping in Trichy and Coimbatore?

My grand daughter is looking to purchase antique,temple,kundan jewellery and sets from Trichy and Coimbatore. Is there any place like Jhillmill in Chennai where I can purchase everything in one place? Or is there any other cheaper places with varieties? Would be grateful if someone can help.

Also, is there any place where I can purchase hair accessories and bridal sets for marriages? I'm looking for those kind of pieces which you use to design for blouses. Like the mango motifs and peacock motifs? It will be very helpful if someone could tell me which shop I can get beads and motifs for saree blouse designing or tailoring.

Last but not least, she's also looking for Indian Barbie & Ken dolls. Is this available anywhere in Trichy/Coimbatore area?

Thanks in advance ladies.

P.S. I tried searching through the search but couldnt find anything to suit my query. If I had posted in the wrong forum, someone please move it up for me. thank you.

2. platypus42

platypus42 New IL'ite

We recently had to buy some stitchable decorative material for my sister's marriage, there's a shop in D.B.Road called "Bombay Novelties" which has some good collections. It's on the right side of the road while going towards Gandhipark, somewhat opposite to Ramoo&Co if I remember correctly.

Can't help you with the rest of your queries though, sorry. Hope this helps.

3. parvathy1

parvathy1 New IL'ite

thank you platypus42 :)

4. Vaishu81

Vaishu81 Senior IL'ite

hi Parvathy1,

has platypus42 mentioned "bombay novelities" is a good shop you can rely. i have been purchasing with them for a long time. one more thing is it is next to ramoo & co. for bridal sets you can check with "Bhura Market" which has got large no. of shops for bridal sets. this market entrance is just next to pothys two wheeler parking area.hope this info helps you out.

5. AnithaShan

AnithaShan New IL'ite

[h=2]Hi,

I m interested to try making stuffed toy... for that i need to know abt the followin details

1. where cani get the raw materials in coimbatore like Fur cloth, cotton, needles,, thread etc etc....
    2.pls let me know abt the fair price of these materials

looking forward for helful reply ! :)[/h]