Fashion Designers

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by ramyakrishna, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ramyakrishna

ramyakrishna New IL'ite

Hi,
    Any Fashion Design Students Or Graduates Here?
    I Think Its Gud To Start An Online Community To Share Our Experiences.

1 person likes this.

2. Vidhyathan

Vidhyathan Senior IL'ite

hi Ramya,
    I did my diploma in Fashion Design at NIFD, Bangalore.

3. mangala hegde

mangala hegde New IL'ite

Hi Vidhyathan,
    is the fashion designing course helpful? ?and what r the course fees?
    what is the course duration?.pls kindly let me know the details.
    Mangala hegde.:wave

15 people like this.
  4. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

[SIZE=-1]Think of a career in fashion, and the first thought that comes to mind is fashion designing. ?Oh, I?m not very creative,? you think, and immediately start considering other options. Hold your thoughts for a moment. Fashion is a lot more than just designing. . [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Fashion communication [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The power of the brand is fast emerging, and along with it emerges a relatively new and exciting avenue: fashion communication. As international brands enter the Indian market, both Indian and international brands will be fighting for recognition, and it is here that fashion communication professionals come into play. They work on increasing brand awareness, and an awareness of fashion trends. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]NIFT offers a 4 year degree course in fashion communication, and after the course you could get a job as a fashion stylist and organise shoots for fashion magazines, travel abroad and within the country on shoots, attend fashion shows and the like. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]You could also become a fashion writer or correspondent, an event manager, join the advertising industry, or you could get a career in public relations. Public Relations is a career where after a few years experience it is relatively easy to branch out on your own, and once you land a few big clients, you have it made! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Should I study fashion to get into the industry? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]A lot of people simply stumble into the industry without much training. While it was easier for the previous generation to do this, there is much more skilled competition, and a course gives you a competitive advantage. It also helps you make contacts, and contacts help in this industry. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]a degree in fashion makes prospective employers take you more seriously.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]In addition, you will also get an idea of the tremendous scope in the fashion industry. Various international brands that import from India require representatives here, and pay incredible salaries, not to mention ? free clothes! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]A degree in fashion management, fashion technology, fashion merchandising, can take you a long way. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]A sampling of fashion jobs:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Brand manager[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Fashion designer/ Fashion illustrator[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Fashion marketing[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Pattern maker[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Textile designer[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Product developer[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Retail buyer[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Fashion Merchandiser[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Showroom co-ordinator[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Costume designer (for films, stage shows)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Fashion columnist[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Fashion photographer[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Stylist[/SIZE]

1 person likes this.
  5. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

Fashion Career Course Institutions in India and Abroad

List of NIFT Centres in India :​
    • NIFT, Chethana Bhavan, Nanpally, Hyderabad-500 001.
    • NIFT, Cooptex Building, 350 Pantheon Building, Egmore, Chennai-600 008.
    • NIFT, Manjusha Bhavan, 181, Sec. III, IB Block, Salt Lake City, Calcutta- 700 091.
    • NIFT, Plot E- 14, GIDC Electronic Estate, Gandhinager, gujarat-382 044.
    • NIFT, Tata Mills Compound, Dada Sahib Phalke Marg, Dadar (East), Mumbai-400 014.
    • NIFT, The Karnataka State Co-operative Marketing Federation Building, No.8, Cunningham Road, Bangalore-560 052.
    List of other training centres
    • Academy of Fashion Studies, 37, A Pocket B, Gangotri Enclave, Alaknanda, New Delhi - 110 019
    • ALT Training College, Kolkondanahalli, Sarjapur Road, Near Bellandur Gate, Bangalore - 560 035
    • Anima Institute of Fashion, Corporate Office at 1 Shambhu Nath Pandit St., Calcutta - 700 020
    • Apeejay Institute of Design (affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar), 54, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, MB Road, Near Batra Hospital New Delhi - 110 062
    • Apparel Training & Design Centre, Thiruvizha Industrial Estate, Guindy, Chennai - 600 032
    • Apple Publishing Technology Centre, A-220, Okhla Industrial Area-1, New Delhi-110 020
    • Assumption College, Changanasserry-1, Ph: 04810-2420109, 2402683
    • BD Somani Institute of Art & Fashion Technology, 625 G.D Somani Marg, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai - 400 005
    • Birla Institute of Liberal Arts and Management Sciences, 5-A, Sarat Bost Road (Opp.Minto Park), Calcutta-20
    • CEPZ Institute of Fashion Technology, CEPZ, MIDC, Marol, Andheri, Mumbai - 400 093
    • College of Art & Design (affiliated to University of Madras) No.7, P.V. Koil Street, Aminijikarai, Chennai - 600 029
    • Hyderabad Institute of Fashion Technology, D3, Huda Complex, Taranka, Secunderabad - 500 017
    • ID Institute of Fashion Technology, 3 Lal Haveli, Hauzkhaz Village, New Delhi - 110 016
    • IEC School of Art and Fashion, IEC House, M-92, Connaugh Place, New Delhi - 110 001
    • Indian School of Design, Silver Complex, Perunna, Changanacherry - 686 102
    • Institute of Design, 134, Boxwood Offices, Numgambakkam High Road, Chennai - 600 034
    • Institute of Fashion Technology & Hotel Management, KM-2, Kavi Nagar, Ghaziabad

1 person likes this.
  6. Tikly4u

Tikly4u New IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

I am planning 1 year course in NIFT,suggest me if it is good or not.I am a s/w engineer.

7. pritulax

pritulax Bronze IL'ite

hi ,

even I am like you wanting to do FD course. So did you do it?

8. rajmenon22

rajmenon22 New IL'ite

hai...im interested...im a wholesale ditributor of garments and ornaments...
    im male 27 from thrissur...
    9142172787 is my number

9. Priyamvadha03

Priyamvadha03 New IL'ite

have u taken up the one year course..? from wher..
    want to get an insight on it. not sure as which institute is gud..

10. iqra6500

iqra6500 New IL'ite