Fascinating Life

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by ansh12, Jan 17, 2010.

1. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

I love nature and animals. As a habit, I spread grains for consumption of birds and even when I am out of station I leave instructions to my maid to feed them, as one amazing thing about birds is that they very punctual and I don't want that they should keep waiting and then return disappointed. I hate to make anyone wait. I get lot of two-legged winged visitors everyday parrots, peacocks, sparrows, pigeons , seven sisters and many more. Seeing them engrossed in picking up each and every grain is an amazing experience.

[​IMG]Last week something unusual happened , a litter of seven puppies landed in our garden from no-where and by the time I returned home, my darling daughter was busy feeding them (she is an avid dog lover). I am also an animal lover, so, it was decided that we will take care of the pups till their mother returned, but no-one came till night. I gave a basket for them to sleep in our store. Our neighbours were very unhappy and were seeing us with questioning eyes , that why are we creating a nuisance. I was in a dilemma, as I knew that raising seven pups is an uphill task, but, I can't leave them to die in this winter or to be attacked by another animal. How can I leave anyone to die simply because, it happens to be an dumb animal. No, It is not acceptable to my conscience. Next day, I arranged for their adoption so five were gone and now two are left with us and we are happy feeding them, hope they survive this winter.

[​IMG]Life is indeed fascinating.

I trust that you would also have some fascinating stories of this life to share inspite of your hardships and struggles. Hope you all would surely share few of them which make life indeed enjoyable

Regards
    Ansh

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ansh buddy,

Nice to see you active. all the best for your DD's boards. hope both of you are taking it cool.

I love nature and animals. but animals from a distance because of my allergies and wheezing. but we get lots of squirrels, eagles and owls too on our terrace. we do leave some grains, but don't disturb them.

I save lots of plants that i find just coming up on the road. sometimes, bring them home, put some life back in them and distribute..have a green thumb.

I believe Life is fascinating when you make a difference in the life of someone.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

good to see you back ansh
    nice to see you take care of lil pups
    i remember getting any road side pup i find in my way to school when i was kid and i used to get it home and used to feed it nicely and build a small pup house once my dad used to be home from office he used to make sure i take the pup back to pups mom :hide: this happened more than 10 times :bonkand when i grew up i knew how bad i was in taking a darling pup away from his mom and the pain it could have

4. paru72

paru72 Silver IL'ite

u are like us four sisters.when we were still unmarried our house was like a shelter home;thanks to our elder sister who nurtured this love for animals in us.we had every kind of visitor.from 4 to 2 legged.keep it up:thumbsup

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have trained my local area crows to come to a spot on my yard and get food. I call them with my version of their call and they come within a couple minutes. I throw out old bread or trimmings from preparing non-veg. One favorite of theirs is to take the oil from cooking non veg and pour over the birdseed, mix and serve. They work on that very excitedly. One old crow has a crippled foot and this one is my favorite. It comes near the kitchen door and kind of hints it needs food. It is a very quiet bird and self assured, doesn't get all flustered. I love watching my crows in the morning.

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

i like puppies and kittens. Though I myself never had the responsible nature to have one and take ownership :)

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Ansh

simply cuteee!! and also very commendable job...nice to see both mom and daughter rescuing lives of living beings which cant help themselves..May god bless you both...good luck dear!

8. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Ansh.. me my bro and dad were ardent pet lovers till we had a huge bunglow.
    There was a time when we had 3 poms.. 8 litters, few chicks, birds, rabbits in a go fighting and hiding and running around the entire bunglow.
    Neighbours did have their eyebrows up a few times but then there was no stopping to our collection & slowly some started loving it.
    Mom was an ardent cook and she did it happily for all of us & we used to bathe and wash them.

Extreme winters were more fun when all of them would cuddle up and sleep one top of the other :)... figthing for the smallest piece of wollen blanket.

9. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Ansh, you remind me of my mom... every morning and night a stray cat who lives in her back yard comes to the back door step to be fed. My mom has even made the cat a little cardboard house and bought it its own feeding dish. Yes, animals really are punctual!!

In the first apartment me and my dh lived in, we used to put a bird feeder out on the patio so the birds would come and eat. But the dumb squirrels came and ate it all up and kept knocking down the feeder. :roll:

Now the only animals I'm feeding are my two cats and a hungry hubby! :kiss

10. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Ansh,
    The puppies are so cute!
    Every morning I keep some cooked rice on the garden wall. The crows and little birds are so used to the timing that if I am a bit late, they would fly there and wait for it.