1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Vs Reality...

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Jun 2, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

72640010-DA6E-452E-93D1-3E376D570B27.jpeg 2B4ED339-6CF5-44AE-A680-61FFC5F86E91.jpeg

Today I banged my head against the mirror..I mean literally!I am a 40 year old mom! Married for more than 16 years..I should be acting my age.My interests should be channelized properly.

Will I be judged for this?Meh! Here goes..

I have a crush.Thankfully on a movie actor and not in real life.This heart and mind never listens! You never know when and what could happen..this is crazy.(This is my anxious mind thinking :). )

I should not be having crushes I feel..am not a teenager!

This actor is 10 years younger to me.I have been watching this show and am in awe of this guy..My time pass is watching his interviews and admiring how good looking he is.

This is ridiculous..hope this phase fades away soon..

Liking and thinking someone is good looking is fine but after so many years ..the feeling of a “crush” like a teen is not cool.

Argh!!! Today I tried to divert my mind and kept telling myself that I should not be thinking him but that is the only thing which keeps running in my mind.:BangHead:

Out of curiosity..does these crush type of feelings happen like in 40 years..cannot even share it with my friends coz I don’t want to be judged.

So wanted to share it with my Sweet IL friends:D judge all you want but please be nice :) ( I know am in 7 donkey years)

It is not a serious issue but personally at this age of 40 and drooling over a guy much younger (who anyways will call me akka,didi if he meets me:D ) is not right..

Who is the actor..he is Ashwin Kumar from cook with comali a Tamil show.

Attached Files:

joylokhi, Laks09, candidheart and 6 others like this.

Similar Threads
    1. HariLakhera
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Kavithavisarad
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Caide
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Dear @anika987
    I dont think there should be any age restriction to have a crush on someone.....
    However the society sees it this way,'Uhh you are married and having a crush but am not sure if the same is told for men...

For ages immemorial women are expected to behave, think and act in a certain way that the society wants them to...
    I am reading this wonderful book Liberation of Sita and loving it, do read it and am sure you will love it to....

Oops sorry for the deviation, my fav celebrity crush since years has been Maddy, saw him on first on screen in the Endrendrum Punnagai song, aww with those big headphones, on a bike and with his charming smile, he has just aged like a wine...
    I dont feel anything wrong in having a strong crush on Maddy, have liked several other actors but none like Maddy, i even remember creating email address with his name and mine during college days, crazy right...

Here comes Maddy EmNBwuFXEAAHyUb.jpeg

3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

A nice light thread to start my IL session with!
    I'm younger than you, but celebrity crushes aren't new to me either...
    "Crushes" change with age..when we are teens we have crushes on guys either our age or few years older maybe in same friends circle, seniors in school or college , etc...twenties, we would have crushes on college mates or colleagues at work..after getting married and committing to someone i still dont think its abnormal to have attraction or infatuation to other men, especially celebrities.. we feel fascinated and mesmerized by their perfection and forget our problems.
    Regardless of age, we are straight women with normal feelings and liking someone isn't wrong, rather hatred should be discouraged! I mean, you're admiring this guy form a distance by watching his TV shows etc and adding to his fan following !
    Just check any actor's Instagram page and see how many women drool over pics posted by them..I don't think all women are unmarried or in their twenties!!
    Had a major crush on actor Vicky Kaushal after watching his movie Raazi...I still do!
    Have a major crush on Bollywood singer Arijit Singh! He is an amazing singer and handsome enough to be an actor and movie star but yet such a simple and humble person who caters only about his music and helping people in rural areas...
    No extravagance, no show off, stays away from media and doesn't like to attract publicity.. His soulful singing can really make any person crazy and happy..whenever I feel upset by personal problems, especially during this pandemic i see his videos and live concert performances on online platforms! ( ladies pls dont troll me for admitting this! Nothing wrong in admiring someone for their simplicity and talent!).
    Anyone else with a celebrity crush on Arijit Singh?

Thyagarajan, anika987 and messedup like this.
  5. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Right or wrong is the question I detest answering here.

I only thing the opposite of it all. In TOI Internet edition Daily one can see few videos of young girl/ lady models or and actresses and this must be drawing quite a lot of subscribers across age.

Many men married or married bachelors or boys and even few ladies could be in crush with these girlies models. This I conclude from the fan following in Instagram and other media. I could be wrong but I discuss only the possibility.

If married men admit openly their crush for so and so, brood what would happen or what all can happen and lead to.

May I request fellow men IL’ites contribute their views and their crush-experience if any here!

anika987 likes this.
  7. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Sure... people buy playboy for the articles. And look at pictures for the new trends in jewellery. Everything is possible... however...too early in the development of a thread for boys to butt in: see hijack thread.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Maddy is evergreen!!:)

nandinimithun likes this.
  9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Believe me or not. Recently when I was watching some show there was this handsome guy in it. I was like wow he is sooo handsome. Later on I’m like oops I’m a mom now can I even have such a feeling :tearsofjoy:

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Which show is that?:)

Thyagarajan likes this.