1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fancy dress ideas

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by chatkara_tasty, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

dear Vidyasarada,I just laughed alound when I read about your friend's idea. I have a neighbour at trivandrum, she has 3 sons. She mostly dresses up her sons as Japanese ladies, with Kimono made of saree, wig, umbrella etc. They always got the first prize.I dressed up as a tourist from abroad whe I was in the +2. One of my brother's friends made a real moustache and beard (french type) with artificial hair and I tied up my hair on the head and put on a cap. Then I put on pants, shirt and a coat and went to the college like that. Nobody gave a second glance. 2 of my friends dressed up as women, one was very fair and another was very dark like African. I had a lighted cigarette dangling from my lips- all this before our teachers. We had a great time this way and I could never forget that. Unfortunately (fortunately?), I could not click a snap then to record the great event.Of course, we walked away with the first prize.

2. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite

Hi Varloo,
    Enjoyed reading yr. trip down memory lane. Especially liked that bit about " unfortunately (fortunately)" .:-D

VS

3. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

txs to all aunts of il

hi vidyasarada ,
    i made my daughter a garbage by rapping newspaper around her and i stick lots of empty rappers of chips . chocolates and other things . and she got the first prize for this .
    i wanted to txs all the il ladies who gave me such brilliant ideas . i realy appreciate ur efforts and time u hv given to pour ur ideas .

txs a ton frm me and my daughter anjila .

I saw this thread just today, well past the Xmas party day. So what did your little one finally go as ? after all that head- banging frustration ! Just curious:mrgreen:

I am reminded of a friend who went through similar tension and in sheer desperation, stripped her son ( 5 yrs.) to his undies, pinned a canna leaf to his front , gave him a half bitten apple and sent him onstage as Adam! The child won the second prize .

VS[/quote]

4. vidyasarada

vidyasarada Senior IL'ite

Congrats to Anjila

Wow Heena ! Thats Original ! Who'd've ever thought of Garbage, of all things, as a " fancy" dress !
    On second thoughts, garbage is very much in news now, isn't it - recycling waste, power from garbage, effective disposal etc. etc. So its proved to be a very topical dress too !

VS

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Garbage!?!

Dear Heena,

Yes, a brilliant thought! And she won a first prize! Good good. Who would have ever thought of being garbage!!
    Well, my grandson loves the garbage trucks and has proclaimed that he will grow up to be a garbage collecter man!!!!!!! God Bless him:) (Grandma is silently hoping that there will be lots of pretty girls dressed up as garbage...ha ha ha)

L, Kamla

6. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

congrats heena

Hi Heena,

I m so happy that ur daughter got first prize.:clap

CONGRATULATIONS TO MUM AND MUM'S SWEETIE PIE.

Sonia

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Congrats

Nice idea and you gave me one too. I have to keep scratching my head every year to dress up my daughter for her fancy dress.

Congrats for mom and for the cutie for her first prize

8. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

ohhh my my i miss so many posts . how come i didn't see all these congratulations . txs a lot ladies .it won't be possible without u guys . u gave me brilliant ideas . i want to share the credit with all of u . once again txs a millions .
    with love