Famous Street Food from your City :-)

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by sweetshreya, Apr 3, 2013.

1. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Welcome welcome :) Have you tried Amul's Santra-Mantra? I had found this ice-cream in a very small town called Roha, near Mumbai. I searched it everywhere later, but no one has ever heard about it. :shock: It was soooo awesome, I am still craving for it. I'm going to resume my hunt once I visit I ndia....

And yes, you are so right about pizza.... But, thankfully, here near my place, there is an Indian Pizza shop, which makes those kind of pizzas, like paneer tikka pizza, palak paneer pizza, etc. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

I miss Malaysian food terribly..the famous hawker chinese food like yong tau foo,hokkien mee,wan tan mee,dumplings. Then our famous Malay,food,nasi lemak.Epecially the one sold at stall and wrapped in banana leaf.I just love them.Nasi Lemak is a simple malay food,consists of rice cooked in coconut milk,anchovies sambal,deep fried anchovies,egg and cucumber.When it comes to Indian food,i missed a lot,roti canai and dhall curry and mee rojak..:-(

1 person likes this.
  3. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Chi!!!! Yuckkky! ...Buvaaack....street foods .......how Low Class :coffee..........

..........:biggrin2:

5 people like this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Xxxxxxcuse me....what did you say "low class".....hmmm i am sure you want to see your "butifull teeths" intact for long...:biggrin2:

Btw dont be jealous i know you dont get "tasty street food" wherever it is you are staying ahem ahem ..hihihi :)

2 people like this.
  5. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Wokay wokay....i wont call low class [​IMG].................i will go. but will they even take cards when I pay...and do they have hand sanitizers......:yes:....

i am staying in egypt :evil:.....like u dont know

2 people like this.
  6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hehehe yes sir Hand sanitisers ,tissues etc etc ....everything you want sir...its all available....why dont you go and check it yourself sir....:twisted:

Ohhh Egypttttt....then Sir you must have met Cleopatra....wow!!...hows she doing these days sir....
    :biggrin2:

5 people like this.
  7. mayavindra

mayavindra Silver IL'ite

Hi,

When I was in Bangkok,I used to love the street side sausages.

I Chennai I never miss the momos outside Pazhamudhir solai.

Ramya

1 person likes this.
  8. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

aah Cleo...(i call her like that only...:evil: dont cut the flow).........welll :coffee...cleo is my old fren.....we were...we are...we do............but hang on! looking for gossips? :shock: noh? ......

edit: hey ...how come it came in two boxes...ur post....hmm...strange world. strange people...strange thigns happen :biggrin2:..........tata cheerios...see u tomorrow.

2 people like this.
  9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Ohh sir...you know Cleoooo she was my BeSTEST friend(when i was in Egypt)...,.but it seems after i left her...she has developed a bad taste in selecting friends ....cough....cough :twisted:

Ohhh sir...how come your post came in 2 separate boxes...hmm...strange world...strange people...strange things happen :biggrin2:....chow

2 people like this.
  10. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

Street food in itself sounds yummy to me. Here are my favorites.

Gokul chat in Hyderabad, yummiest dahi chat items ever.

Then we have this local thele wala pani puri guy who comes to our home on request in Bhubaneswar, you guys will not believe, we have had more than hundred pani puris at one go on our annual visits there. I also love the cold dahi vada topped with hot aloo dum anywhere in Bhubaneswar. :tongue

3 people like this.