Famous Real Life Stories!

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Kavta, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Kavta,

Hope u collect lot of information... U also post rare pics of famous personalities..
    Koooooooollllllllll to see ur threads... :cool:

2. tulip

tulip New IL'ite

Hi Kavta,
    I think u have a lot of information about all things. I like all ur posts in other thread s also.
    keep posting.
    Tilips

3. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

SATYAM Ramalinga Raju

SATYAM Ramalinga Raju Profile

Born: September 16, 1954
    Achievement: Founder and Chairman of Satyam Computer Services Ltd; Chosen as Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for Services in 1999

<TABLE height=250 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300 align=right border=0 vspace="0" hspace="0">
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-0023073267844535"; google_ad_width = 300; google_ad_height = 250; google_ad_format = "300x250_as"; google_ad_type = "text_image"; google_ad_channel =""; google_color_border = "ffffff"; google_color_bg = "ffffff"; google_color_link = "004080"; google_color_url = "000000"; google_color_text = "000000"; //--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript> </SCRIPT>​

[​IMG]

Ramalinga Raju is one of the pioneers of the Information Technology industry in India. He is the founder and Chairman of Satyam Computer Services Ltd.

Ramalinga Raju was born on September 16, 1954 in a family of farmers. He did his B. Com from Andhra Loyola College at Vijayawada and subsequently did his MBA from Ohio University, USA. Ramalinga Raju had a stint at Harvard too. He attended the Owner / President course at Harvard.

After returning to India in 1977, Ramalinga Raju moved away from the traditional agriculture business and set up a spinning and weaving mill named Sri Satyam. . Thereafter he shifted to the real estate business and started a construction company called Satyam Constructions. In 1987, Ramalinga Raju founded Satyam Computer Services along with one of his brothers-in-law, DVS Raju. The company went public in 1992. With the launch of Satyam Infoway (Sify) Satyam became one of the first to enter Indian internet service market. Today, Satyam has a global presence and serves 44 Fortune 500 and over 390 multinational corporations.
    [​IMG] RamalingaRaju's Daughter Deepthi Marriage
    Megastar Chiru has attended the marriage of Satyam Ramalinga Raju's daughter Deepthi wedding blessed the couple.

[​IMG] With his wife Smt.Nandini.

The majority of Indians, though, still live in villages.Multimillionaire Ramalinga Raju -- who already has helped make India a global tech star through his business processing outsourcing (BPO) company Satyam Computer Service Ltd -- is hoping to spread some of the fortunes.
    Working through his family's Byrraju Foundation, his plan is for companies to set up data processing centers in some of India's villages.
    Borrowing the Sanskrit word for village -- "gram" -- the so-called "GramIT" centers will create opportunities that previously didn't exist.
    While Raju can't put a figure on it, he says the economic advantage to companies that make the move to villages is "enormous."

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Forbes says Raju's father moved the family to Hyderabad in the 1960s to cultivate grapes and later started a string of construction businesses.
    Raju earned a master's degree in business from Ohio University, then returned to India and co-founded Satyam (translated as 'truth' in Sanskrit) in 1987 with one of his two younger brothers.
    He later began providing software services to U.S. companies. Forbes estimates his worth at $US670 million -- ranking him 36th among the richest people in India.
    A pioneer in the early days of the BPO, Satyam employs around 40,000 people.
    Forbes says Raju's father died in 2001, and his three sons started their foundation to honor his memory, intent on transforming rural villages such as Jallikakinada.
    The Byrraju Foundation reportedly broadcasts English and math classes, via satellite links and radio towers, to more than 200 government-run schools.
    "We believe that there is a good opportunity to make good use of people who are graduating from not so well known universities or colleges -- and even if they are not on the top of the list in a college -- a committed individual can contribute significantly," Raju told CNN.
    One person grateful for the GramIT in their village is worker Sunitha Kumari.
    "I am enjoying a comfortable job in the IT sector, without leaving my home village, my people, my environment," Kumari says.
    Krishna Mohan had moved away to find work, but says when a GramIT center opened up back at home, he quickly returned.
    "I can live with my family. The cost of living -- I can control that -- (opposed) to the cities," he says.
    Krishna continues to spend his afternoons in the rice fields with his father.
    "My friends always says, 'We are working only in agriculture field and you are working in both IT field and agriculture -- I am really proud of you they are saying. With those words, I am very happy," he says.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2008
  4. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

hi kavta
    it's really a great work.
    very nice postings.keep posting....

5. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Thankyou Mythili..
    cheers..
    Kavta

6. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi kavita, am adding this pic of rajiv and sonia which is rare.. I dono how to attach pic large display..

Check out pic in attachments.. :-D

This is the rare picture of Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi having ice cream on a road side. It's taken sometime in 70s on the roads of Delhi. Rajiv Gandhi is not a well known face at that time. He used to roam outside with Sonia Gandhi like any other person without big security.

The ice cream vendor didn't know that he was selling ice cream to the grandson of Nehru and the son of Indira Gandhi. He didn't even know that he is selling ice cream for the future Prime Minister (Rajiv) and the future king maker (Sonia) of India.

Attached Files:

7. Shobie

Shobie New IL'ite

Hi Kavta,

Very informative posting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
    shobie

8. Kalpana_Santhu

Kalpana_Santhu Bronze IL'ite

nice thread .Will be glad to know about famous artist who left the screen but still in mind of people .where r they ,their families .
    keep going on

9. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Just read this post after hearing about Sathyam news.
    Very nice and detailed post.:thumbsup

10. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Sunita... really a very rare pic...
    sonia looks so cute