1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Famous Mom Based Movies and Songs of Indian Cinema - Share Here

Discussion in 'Movies' started by IL_Admin, May 9, 2015.

1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Let's have a fun discussion for this Mother's day!

Mothers have always been an integral part of Indian Cinema. And there have been many blockbusters that have revered the love and affection of a Mom. And not to forget the famous songs that have been made to celebrate Mothers.

This Mother's Day, let's recollect all our favorite - strong, nurturing, sacrificing, funny or lovable mom portrayals On Screen.

So, what is your favorite song or movie that glorifies Mothers?

Share them here and let's see how many others think the same :)

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

My favorite movie on Mother character is MathruDevobhava (Telugu).. When the mother knows she will die in few months she give her kids to others for adoption. it is very heart touching story.Madhavi was in main role.

3 people like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Fav Movie and song : Poove Poo chooda vaa both movie and title song - for Motherly love between grandmother and grand daughter

Karpoora bomai ondru Kai veesum thendral ondru (Keladi kanmani)

Amma endrazhaikkatha uyirillaye

4 people like this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

China Thai Aval song, Thalapathi.
    Kalaiyil Dinamum song, New
    Neeye Neeye song, MKumaran
    Ariraro song, Raam
    These are my favs.. Lot more should come up, since 90% of Tamil cinema has mother's sentiments starting from MGR days!! :p

Raniz and IL_Admin like this.
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Recent Movies... I liked Ammavin Kaipesi... Best onscreen mother - Saranya for me...

1 person likes this.
  6. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Sridevi's English Vinglish! No sentimental mush but a potrayal of a strong mom nevertheless!

Revathi in Anjali

Vidya Balan in Kahani - its not about motherhood however Vidya's depiction of her sorrow over her unborn child is quite intense.

Shabana Azmi in Masoom and Morning Raga

Hands down the winner is

Nargis in Mother India - one of the strongest portrayals of a woman and a mother on Indian screen.

ashima10, IL_Admin and KashmirFlower like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mere ghar aayi ek nanhi pari - Kabhie Kabhi
    This song and this part of the movie is not the main thing in plot, but the sweetness of the song, and decent acting by the two parents, makes this a lovely song to hear.
    I used to hum and sing it to my daughter till she became old enough to request that I cease. :)

ashima10, pumpkin01 and IL_Admin like this.
  8. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Favourite Song:
    'Annaiyayai Pol our thaivam illai'( Tamil Song. Translation ' There is no God like Mom')
    'Kaalayil Dhinamum Kan Vizhithaal Naan Kai Thodum Devathai Amma'(Tamil Song. Translation 'Everyday when I wake up in the morning, the first angel that I pray to is my Mom'

1 person likes this.
  9. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Favourite Mother Character is Actress Sharadha in the 1968 movie 'Thulabharam'.

A touching classis portrayal of a mother. Will melt anyone's heart. Even in poverty the Mom reprimands her kid for stealing and begging...Can't describe the feeling it evokes.

Extraction of the story..

Vijaya (Sharada) and Valsala (Sheela) are college mates and are close friends. Vijaya's father R .K. Menon (Thikkurissi) is a factory owner and Valsala's father Achuthan Nair (Adoor Bhasi) a leading advocate. Menon is swindled by his manager and loses ownership of the factory. He dies following a heart attack. Vijaya's beau Babu (Madhu) also abandons her. Achuthan Nair who was Menon's advocate also does not come to Vijaya's help. Ramu (Prem Nazir), a faithful labourer of the factory marries Vijaya. They lead a happy life despite all the hardships. Ramu is the leader of the labour union. In the meanwhile, Valsala enrols as a student of Law.
    Years roll on. Vijaya is now mother of three children. Due to trade union disputes the factory is closed down and Ramu loses his job. He tries to get the factory re-opened with the support from the Government. One day Ramu is stabbed to death by the goons hired by the management. Vijaya and children are orphaned. The children also take to begging for a living. When Vijaya comes to know of this she punishes them.
    People now begin to hound Vijaya. Rumours are spread about her morality. Even her mother-in-law turns against her. Poverty drives her son to steal a loaf of bread from a tea shop. The shop owner burns the face of the boy with a red hot ladle. Vijaya can take it no more. She decides to kill herself and her children. She feeds her children with poisoned food. The children die but Vijaya survives. The law proclaims Vijaya a murderer. She is taken to court. Here her friend Valsala, now Public Prosecutor, appears for the Government. The murder case is proved. Vijaya narrates her story to the court. The film ends with a question directed to the law and society at large about the terrible circumstances, the unbearable cruelty of the society that provokes a mother to kill her own children.
    Unquote

3 people like this.
  10. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Raniz and IL_Admin like this.