1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Family Ties by Danielle Steel

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Mohur, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

Read My Review of : Big Girl by Danielle Steel
    Read My Review of : A Good Woman by Danielle Steel
    Read My Review of : 44 Charles Street by Danielle Steel

Annie Ferguson was happily settled into her Manhattan life concentrating on her career as an architect when her life changed in a blink of an eye. With the sudden accidental death of her sister and brother-in-law, she finds herself responsible for the lives of her two nieces and a nephew. Overnight she became a family person from a single career oriented woman. Over the years she balanced her career and family and came to genuinely came to love the kids as her own. Now, that they are all grown up and have moved out, Anne has trouble adjusting to the fact that she is on her own again. A chance encounter once again changes Annie’s life and things are in frenzied again!

While it may seem like that this is Annie’s story, the truth is that this story is about each and every member of this unique family. While Annie’s struggle to find a balance is touching, her outlook of not having time for love of her own is simply stupid. Liz is a successful Fashion editor with heartache of her own. Ted has fallen into an abusive relationship and just cannot walk away from it. Katy on the other hand falls for a man who is completely different from her and a trip to his homeland helps her realize the reality of their relationship.

The plot while predictable had a lot to offer to its readers. The different situations and problems of each character give us a glimpse into the vast range of human emotions. Though each character has their own shortcomings and problems, they are a loveable bunch when they come together. The author’s repetitive nature while telling a story shines through in this novel too but somehow it wasn’t as noticeable as it was in the last few books.

So far, this is one of the best Danielle Steel novel that I have read.

1 person likes this.