1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Family Friend Imposing Decision

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by mohini16, Aug 31, 2020.

1. mohini16

mohini16 Silver IL'ite

Her behaviour is like this from day 1 when I was staying here all alone

She thinks she is perfect and everyone else is stupid, it's not just me she is bitching about, it's everyone..
    I don't like this negativity..
    Even if your cooking or cleaning or baby care is ok she will still point because she has to say something..
    I just ignore her taunts about things.. But she feels she is entitled to make decisions and impose it on you which doesn't work.
    Her own kids don't listen to her.

Anyways, it's better I focus on buying my place as soon as I can and keep distance from her without being rude and disgraceful to her with all the help she did in my delivery.

Thank you everyone

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  2. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

The house belongs to your aunt. As a landlord she has the right to make decisions on subletting. She is also right about the cleanliness in the house because again - its her house.
    Although you find it nagging, she thinks of you as her daughter which is why she has done so much for you. I think its a courtesy for you to put up with her atleast until you can buy your own place.
    She is fond of your daughter, which is a good thing, you should be happy that there is someone to care for your daughter in a foreign country. Have your own parents bothered to visit you all thiswhile?

If not then atleast she has someone to call as grandma. Even if you are super rich and dont need this aunt, i believe maintaining relationships are important especially with those who have helped you.

I would say whatever you do, please also consider your daughter’s future as well.

Dynamite likes this.
  3. mohini16

mohini16 Silver IL'ite

@Ramyarc
    Are you aunty yourself, I hope not :)

Well I'm not saying I'm not thankful to her when my parents couldn't at time of delivery (emergency delivery) she helped. They came later.

She is nagging for sure, when I cleaned whole house like maid before she came, she wants to just point out when she herself doesn't take bath every day after me indirectly telling her she thinks taking bath is not necessary and lecturing me on cleaning..

I don't want to ruin my friendship with her but I don't allow anyone to interfere in taking decisions for my life and imposing their thinking on me.
    I understand I have girl child and she told me her concern once twice thrice but she keeps repeating it...
    I feel her own kids are not getting married so she is just expecting it from me.

She for sure helps but she has this negative behaviour of bitching...
    I mentioned earlier not just me about everyone.. As soon as she opens mouth..
    My niece is lazy ass, my husband is fool and egotistic, my daughter is blunt, my neighbour is richer than me and she can afford this and this but I can't, my cousin is mad woman...
    Oh my God it's headache listening to her complaining whole day not one person left she hasn't complained about...

Anyways, that's her frustration and may be her personality..

I will try to maintain distance for sure, as I said without being rude and thankless to her.

Thanks again everyone!!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  4. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

@mohini16 Arent we all Aunties technically??:flushed:

I am glad you want to maintain friendship with her. In this life you never know when you need someone’s help so far as far as possible its good to maintain a good rapport.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  5. mohini16

mohini16 Silver IL'ite

@Ramyarc

Oh by aunty I meant, my aunty I was referring in this post , nothing related to age. :) :) :)
    I meant if you are my aunty who is here on Indus then I'm dead .. I have to run ‍:coldsweat::coldsweat::fearscream::coldsweat:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020