1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Family categories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Dec 10, 2013.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Friends i am at Melbourne now in my son's house.I have a sweet little grandson who is completing four on January 31.yesterday we went to an Indian shop nearby to buy groceries.when we were standing near the billing counter my GS introduced my DH and myself to the counter in-charge saying "uncle my Dad's family has come from India" and that gentleman asked with surprise "who are they?"and immediately this little boy answered "my Thatha and Thatchi (grandpa and grandma)are my Dad's family"when we asked about his family he said"My Dad and Mom are my family".Again he said his Maternal grandma,aunt and uncle are his mom's family.I thought how he classified these three categories.we all enjoyed his answers and also wondered about his intelligence.This generation grasps everything very fast and their actions are also very fast.

3 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma

These are today's generation kids who are much much smarter then us.
    Enjoy your stay with your GS and those small and sweet talks that he makes.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yes dear now a days children learn when they are in the womb only because present mothers are also smart. So when they come to the world and see and experience everything they become more smarter.

My niece's son is completed 2 yrs this December and already talks so well and knows the names of all Gods. He is very fond of Hanuman and will say Hanuman will take him everywhere. He knows that Hanuman brought malai. He was having one bedsheet I folded and kept on his head and told him this is your malai, from that time whatever he gets he keeps on his head and says malai malai. He also knows some prayers and rhymes

Two years before when we had gone to Dubai to my daughters place, when we were coming back to the airport my son in law was telling my husband you should have made your daughter to study for Collector. My husband told him in that case you might not have married her. For which my grand daughter who was 2 yrs then was saying appa buddhu, dont know whether she understood anything or not.

My hugs to your grandson, glad he knows about families and can differentiate between his mothers and fathers

1 person likes this.
  4. Khanaksmom

Khanaksmom Silver IL'ite

hahaha... that was really very cute of him... Have fun with him!!

5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Aruna thanks for your fb.Though the travel was very hard for me the enthusiasm to spend time with him brought me here.

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot viji.Nowadays kids are very smart.

7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Khanaksmom thanks for your wishes

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma,

Nice to know you are in Australia with your son's family. That was so sweet of your grandson to introduce you to the cashier! :-D Have a great time.

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Satchi