False negative during pregnancy test

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by devotee, May 15, 2007.

1. devotee

devotee Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    I had posted earlier also in this forum.
    I had my last periods on April 2nd. I didnt get it this month. So visited the doctor yesterday.
    She did a urine pregnancy test but it came negative. So I was wondering if it was a false negative.
    As such I dont have any pregnancy symptoms except some slight headache.
    Please let me know what you feel... Anyone has heard about false negative test from others?

- Devotee

2. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

Re: need advice

hi devotee,
    well devotee urine test for pregnancy shows immed if one is pregnant,even if it is 7-8 days after ur date of expected periods.in ur case u did the test many days after the expected date of periods.it said negative that means may be u r not pregnant.also if u still have a doubt just perform a blood test coz pregnancy shows clearly in blood test as urine test.the blood test wud gv a appropriate answer for which u wont have any second thooughts.sometimes urine est may gv wrong results but blood test wont.

as for the symptoms,headache is not a pregancy confirmatory symptom.there are many symptoms which come during pregnancy.some of thme r very common like vommiting,nausea etc.

so go for blood testtill i pray ur blood test comes positive and soon u gv us gud news.

dont worry.stay calm.b positive and dont stress urself by thnkg continiously abt it.trust me one day it will happen and u wont even realise,and then u will thnk y did i take so much tension,c it happend.

u take care.
    regards,
    zeenat rizvi :wave

3. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Dear Devotee

I agree how axious you must be now. I had 2 miscarriages but for those 2 pregnancies i didnt know how it happened. Like for my 2nd i went to india for vaction and was sure was not pregnant cos we hardly had time together but it happened. So when i check i couldnt believe it ... i didnt have any symptoms for both other than backpain. So be calm as Zeenat said when it had to happen it will surely happen.

All the best

4. devotee

devotee Senior IL'ite

Hello Dear ILites
    My periods has still not ocurred. Doctor gave me "deviry" tablets for 5 days after a negative pregnancy test again on May 23rd. She said I should be getting my periods within 72 hrs of completing the tablet course. I completed the course on May 28th.
    I have still not got my periods. Please advise me what to do next.
    -Devotee

5. ramya_psk

ramya_psk Senior IL'ite

Hi devotee,
    I can understand ur feelings becoz i had this many times ,u wait patiently .If still u didnt get ur periods ask ur doc to take a scan (uterus and ur ovaries)which will give a clear picture.Believe in god .He will surely answer our prayers.Dont worry be cheering ...

Ramya

6. roopika

roopika New IL'ite

Hi devotee,

I am also sailing on the same boat. I got my last period on april 7th but negative hpt's and i went to doctor she did scanning and she told it is negative and gave some tablets. still i did not get, so i am planning to go again next week.

she told me bcoz of poor nutrition, weather changes and if keep stressing ourself that i am pregnant it gets delayed. dont worry, god will bless us soon.

bye

7 people like this.
  7. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Hey please dont worry i expereicned the same this month and did get my periods for nearly 50 days. I am taking metformin for PCO i was more worried and dr asked me to take a scan and found that my PCO was still there. So she gave me a week and asked me to call her for pills. but luckily it came and it was a bit painful but normal one. So please dont worry on this , have faith and carry on in ur usual routine things will chnage soon. Dr when i met her last week she told there is a saying in OBGY weak mind weak cervix !! so she was asking me to relax as this have a greater influence in our pregancy.:2thumbsup:

8. Jeffreena

Jeffreena Junior IL'ite

Hi devotee,
    divery is a steroid hormone tablet this will surely help if you have some probs in irregular periods... but even after taking that if you dont get your periods then check for a good gynoco dr... just relax.. first keep yourself health and the rest will happen on its own... you know stress is a major reason for delayed pregnancy... maybe wait for some more time and then have a complete uterus checkup make sure that there is no probs... then start with a healthy diet and stay cool... sooner you will give us all a glad new... :)

all the best and advance congrates!!! never let negative thoughts let in....

Jeffreena

9. hoping4best

hoping4best New IL'ite

hi

am in some what same situation. for the first time in my life my periods got delayed and i was so very happy that i am pregnant after two yers of trying. my last period came on 8th August 09. today that is 15th sep i took HPT and it was negative. i called by doctor and she asked me to take blood pregnancy test and if its negative then take an appointment for ultrasound and then they will prescribe medicine.

now am aorried i nevr had any problem with my periods what so ever. those of you who have posted earlier did you have iregular periods or it happened to you suddenly and unexpectedly like it did to me. am worried if God forbid some thing is wrong with me. does one need to take medicine regularly or its just one time thing?

10. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

It happened once with me too...i didn't had my periods for almost 3 months.
    I went to doctor she asked to take blood and urine test..both came negative...
    doc also did cervix scan, pap smear and some other tests..i dont remember details....everything was ok...after geting all reports doctor Prescribed me some medicine..i didn't want take medicine so i started spending more time in gym...i walked almost 1.5 to 2 hrs everyday and i had my periods within 4-5 days....

this happened only once (thank god)...doctor said it was due to stress and change in lifesyle...i had recently taken new job then and was stying alone and use to skip meals many times....