1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Falling Asleep on the job

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Falling Asleep on the Job​

This is hilarious for guys like me, but tragic for the passengers, read this as under
    'Two pilots fall asleep mid-air while in sole charge of plane' - Indian Express

Seems in UK, sometimes the pilots fall asleep while flying the aircraft. There is the pilot and copilot, and if one of them goes to the loo which is outside the cockpit, the cockpit door is locked, which can only be opened from inside.But what if the pilot inside the cockpit falls asleep , and this pilot cannot enter the cockpit eh !

And imagine these things happening in UK, the advanced country. What if it had happened here in india, what would the world have said.Our pilots take a drink or two sometimes, and sometimes are caught before boarding the flights, but I have not heard of an Indian pilot falling asleep while on duty. Maybe our airhostesses are prettier than the foreign counterparts eh ! Who knows, for I don’t travel much, u guys ald gals should be knowing better.

I went to Mumbai on the 1st of January, the flight was at 5/30 morning, it was the cheapest ticket available, we sat in the flight, it seems the co pilot came, and he informed us, that the pilot is untraceable, and they have arranged for the spare chap.Meaning the pilot who was supposed to be on duty, must have had a one too many on the new year eve, and must have passed out. See how much our pilots care for our safety, they would rather sleep off at home, rather than sleep while flying their aircraft.

We do hear of accidents where the taxi/car driver falls asleep while driving, and it bangs into a cow, truck or another vehicle and many are killed.But that is one good thing about a plane, there are no cows and trucks in the air to bang into, and the plane is on autopilot most of the time, and the pilots are remote controlled by the control tower down, so if they see the plane veering off, they can buzz the pilot.

So guys Indian pilots and planes are not bad eh ! So relax and sleep on the flight, the pilot will take care of u.

Yesterday on TV Subramanium Swamy accused Sonia Gandhi, and Rahul of amassing 1500 crores etc. that is really peanuts considering lakhs of crores are the norm these days, as was proved by 2G, Coalgate and other scams.

And what I don’t understand is, why did Times of India, and DNA not have a word on this matter, when the TV was all about this yesterday.Curious really, what is cooking these days eh !

And somehow, after watching the scams unfold on TV, by kejriwal and subramanium swamy and seeing the mayhem that is being caused, somehow I get a feeling, that it is sone outside hand that maybe responbsible for all this, like the turmoil in the Arab land, where govts of Libya, Egypt were overthrown, Syria is in trouble etc, I guess everyone knows of the scams, now that they are being exposed in wholesale, give me the feeling that some outside powers are responsible, for not many like india’s progress. I just hope I am wrong.

With that friends have a great weekend. Bye.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Marriage is like a public toilet.Those waiting outside are desperate to get in, and those inside are desperate to get out

Studies have revealed that if women kept MAUN Vrat instead of Karva Chauth, men would live longer

Wife – listen, the husband wife opposite are fighting. Why don’t u go once and stop it ?
    Husband – I went there once, maybe that is why they are fighting !!!!!!

AFTER EFFECTS OF MARRIAGE
    How jaan becomes jaanwar after marriage, and how cutie becomes kutti !!!!!!!!

Love is when yr wife catches u naked with another woman, and says “ Come, get dressed, lets go home”
    Death is when u actually follow her home !!!!!

Jo har shyam tujhe ched jaye,
    Jo har raat tere gallon ko choom jaye,
    Jo har subah tere kano mein kuch keh jaye,
    Usse MAAR de pagal,
    Who machar hai !!!!!

Santa went to his mother in law’s place to listen to a saint’s pravachan(godly sayings)
    The saint,said “ those who want to go to heaven, raise your hands”
    The wife and mother in law raised their hands, santa did not
    The saint asked Santa – don’t u want to go to heaven”
    Santa replied – Guruji jab yeh dono chali jayegi, to swarg yahi hoga !!!!!

Sardar’s son asks a question to his papa- If there were 100 and 500 rupee notes lying around, on the road, which one would u pick up ?
    Sardar – I would pick up the 500 rupee ones
    Son- No wonder people make jokes on sardars, it if was a sindhi like kamalji, he would pick up both !!!

A husband says – My wife is like the “ Terms and Conditions of a website”.i never understand what she says, but I always accept it !!!

A woman had 3 son in laws.She wanted to test them, how much each loved her.
    So one day she jumped in the well, the elder son in law saved her, she gifted him her Esteem Car.
    Next day she jumped again, and her second son in law saved her, she gave him her motorcycle/
    Again she jumped. But the third sIL did not jump in to save her, for now only a cycle was left, and he knew he would get that only.Well the MIL drowned and died.
    The father in law gifted him with his Mercedes !!!!!!!

9 people like this.

2. Sindhurak

Sindhurak Platinum IL'ite

I have to learn alot from you Kamalji, to see a situation from a funny angle.. :)
    As always fabulous Snippet from you.. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Hahahahaha...........

Kamalji your jokes are like energy drink to come to a happy mood. Many thanks.

Please translate that Hindi one to English.

1 person likes this.
  4. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Hahahaha good post Kamalji!!!

I was missing your post for the past few days. Thank you for bringing back the spirit.

1 person likes this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Falling in sleep in other jobs I heard but not pilots!

A suggestion.....you can offer your services to airlines that you would sit by the pilot and tell him jokes so that he would not sleep! Other passengers also would be safe! You can charge x amount for each joke.

Syamala

2 people like this.
  6. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Awesome kamalji
    Goody good post......now one for you, have lol time.......
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Sindhu,

We can all turn anger into humor, and take these things in our stride.HAHA. it is not that i dont get angry, but i say what is the use, why not convert it in to humour , and make everyone smile.HAHA

thank u for the first FB and a super one at that.keep coming please.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  8. Sindhurak

Sindhurak Platinum IL'ite

Thank you, Kamalji.. I would love to see your posts.. :)

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear GAyatri,

The santa joke, last line read it as
    " When these two ladies go away, then it will be haven for me here as it is.HAHA

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear GS,

Diwali is around the corner, let me spread some cheer.HAHA

Regards

kamal