1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Faded Jeans at 64!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

My, my, Sri,
    You have placed a huge block of ice on my head. It feels good, really, even if not true altogether. I did not have the time to read all your posts as I was also takingexams with my son (literally). I feel so free and happy (well, short lived it willbe, his Plus 1 will start by June middle). And hubby dear being a complete Durvasar (son's name) it is difficult to get company to laugh (or else....). I shall read all your posts and come back to you. Being in Chennai, we can even plan a meeting.What say?
    And Chithra is not a madisar Mami, she is a Micro soft Mami, what with her proficency in modern technologies.

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sri,
    with all ur postings i observe ur able to bring out our memories of another day, and here also i join them the il crowd.. my husband has been a typical description of what u have mentioned of self, he loved his jeans, perfumes though his grey hair and moustache always gave away, that he should behave, he was not bothered, thought that was a hypocrytical crowd like in our 'amar prem',film in hindi ..where people hide themselves to go to a brothel come back and talk abt god.
    even our first daughter's friend would praise her, by saying oh what i would give for a father like urs coming in jeans and t shirts, vow i must say he is so handsome, and priya used to go wild. Even untill his death just two days before he said, wish we had a custom of burying us instead of burning, when i enquired y, phat came the reply then u could bury me next to a beautiful girl, and laughed so much looking at my expression.
    so jeans become the people not by their age but someone who carries it off, in west it would be ridiculous to even mention abt not wearing it....regards sunkan

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo
    How did you fare in your 10th?:) I remember the days that I used to toil with my daughters. Whenever, their exams got over, I used to feel more relieved than them! Everyday when they returned from the exam hall, I would grab their question paper and make them tell me what they answered for each question. I would award them marks and if it added upto my expectation, I would feel immensely happy and if not feel mighty depressed! Those were the days really!
    I am happy that you have stepped into my senile world! Come and add colour to it!
    By inviting me to meet you, you have given me food for thought. Why not a meeting of all Chennai IL ites?
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Sunkan
    Hearing about your dear husband expressing e desire for burial instead of cremation, I recall a similar sentiment reported to have been echoed by the great lawyer V L Ethiraj in whose name we have a college and a road in Chennai. He was so full of life till he breathed his last. He was the one who got MK Thyagaraja Bhagawathar and NS Krishnan acquitted in the famous Lakshmikanthan Murder case!
    God bless those men and their souls. They are my role models!
    Sri

5. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Age is a matter of the mind,
    If you don't mind, it doesn't matter...!

I quote Judge Judy, "There is a rhythm in every life". You found yours. Enjoy it!
    Does it matter if it is in faded jeans or blue jeans? Nah! :2thumbsup:

Sharada

6. Cheeniya

Dear Sharada
    How true!
    That's what I am doing and that's what I intend doing for the rest of my life! I mean enjoy! :)
    Sri

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

HAHA.You mean u will be wearing Jeans and Arrow shiort when i will meet u in chennai? I was about to get u a Dhoti ,and now u have spoilt the whole show.:icon_frown:

Same is teh case here.My bodu is 54 all right,but spirit is 25.Like u, i too have the naughiest of jokes in my group,i love a drink,non veg,and most vices.I still have plenty o f hair unlike u.

Sir before i forget , pls watch the 20 20 matches, and see the cheerladies.they will make u more younger than u are.:)

I too love brands,and wear jeans when i go for morning walks, not otherwise.

Im sure when i see u, i wont recognise u.Regards.kamal

8. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    First things first. The 20/20 matches are not telecast in my area and so I watch the scores from cricinfo. So no cheer ladies!
    Secondly, I never wear dhoti when I go out. Dhoti is only for home. I wear my suit if I have a meeting to attend and otherwise just a pant and shirt. My attitude to dressing is as casual as it is towards my life!
    You'll recognise me alright, not to worry!
    sri

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

Was just pulling yr leg .Would love to see u in a suit and jeans.Thanks and regards.kamal

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sri,

So you are a dashing young man tasting his nectar at 64 (is the age correct??). How does it matter. I admire such men who do not succumb to the values and rules laid by some hypocrites and ruin their lives.

Age has nothing to do with the spirit. Keep your spirits as always and be the life of the party.

I am sure so many eyes must be rolling at you, for this post.
    Someone must have raised a PM to the headquarters saying there is a dangerous old man hanging in the site. And that person is SHAKUNI!!! who neither enjoys life nor let others enjoy.

My mom was like you and we let her be that way. She believed in living life to the fullest and she REALLY DID IT..........

Have fun Sri.......