1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Faded Jeans at 64!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra
    What an amazing other side you have! From your posts on Slokams and Kolams, I have always visualised you as a Mami in a 9 yard saree like Kamala Hassan in Avvai Shanmughi!
    well, well, well!
    I have a Senior friend who till 12 noon wont drink even a drop of water, chants all that is possible to chant within 3 hours and eats his lunch on a plantain leaf sitting on the floor facing east etc etc.
    He has a siesta till 3. Does work for a couple of hours. Goes to Gymkhana Club immaculately dressed for his Black Label and Roast Chicken.
    He always tells me that he reserves the fornoon for the Atman and the evenings for the shrine that houses the Atman!
    Sri

2. mahila

mahila New IL'ite

haha cheeniya sir,
    your post and your replies are very enjoyable. i wanted to comment on your posts felt tonguetied reading all the replies you got.your humility and introspection is simply wonderful.wishing many more posts from you,
    swetha

3. Cheeniya

Dear Mahila
    Thanks for your comments. In fact, I put in more effort in my replies than in my original post! When people take the trouble of reading my posts and commenting on them, the least I can do is to treat them to a decent reply! I enjoy interacting with people thro this forum
    Sri

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Your friend surely does sound like some special Atmaan!
    Paramatma hi jaane!!

L, Kamla

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    As only a writer is capable of, your comparison of your atma friend ( atma nanban?) with me , perplexes me !
    Naan nallavalaa, kettavalaa?
    Whatever you think, I am what I am !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    My friend about whom I talked here is a very good man, highly compassionate and has very high values. His drinking scotch or having a roast chicken does not make him a bad man. Haven’t you heard of Ezhuthachan. He was a highly evolved soul. He was known to have dictated the Epics with a pot of toddy in one hand and a piece of fish on the other.
    A few personal habits do not indicate dual living. It is not like Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde. These people show us that a life is not to be judged by the external behaviour but by the effectiveness of the conscience within.
    You would have observed erotic sculpture in many of our ancient temples like Suchindram. They are there to show that life is nothing but a mixture of divine and mundane actions beautifully juxtaposed. We go to these temples not to look at the erotic sculpture but to worship the deity. After worshipping Dhanumalayan, our mind is so conditioned as not to get titillated by the erotic figures on the pillars. It again conditions our mind to seek out only the good. For example, I have written so much about his pious pursuits in the mornings but what gets noticed is only the couple of hours he spends at the club! Why is that Chithra?
    I have not compared you to him to get confused. Further, you have carved yourself a special place in the hearts of Ilites by your contributions. How can you get this Nayagan-like doubt now? By this you will be only confusing your ardent followers!
    All I sought to convey through that post was that a person should not be judged by his lifestyle. What he does with himself is of no relevance but his actions towards others are certainly bound by the Divine Code.
    Sri

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    My dear I L ites know me well enough & will never get confused about me.I rightly wanted to confuse you & Lo ! you fell in my trap & took pains to explain in detail with an example !
    I love serious, light, jovial - all enjoyable aspects of life. Oops, I forgot to add the word "naughty"; please include it also in the list.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Chithra
    Your trap has helped me to explain at length my own view of life! Thanks!
    Sri

9. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

This post reminds me of my dad... though not as computer savvy as you are, he's still a kid at heart. Like they say, you are only as old as you think/feel you are. Our relatives n' friends quietly nod their heads thinking about his immaturity... but unfortunately they don't see its possessing a young spirit rather than a state of maturity. There's no guilt in sporting innocence & vibrance atleast every once in while. Though my husband has never seen this aspect of life before our wedding... now his spirit has imbibed a li'l bit of youthfulness from me. Just being a kid at heart doesn't mean irresponsibility, but means pure true joy that can be contagious too.

If we are here now then might as well make the best out of it... if we won't tread this path once again in this lifetime might as well make it memorable. If there has to be tears then be it tears of joy... I hope everyone is blessed to know atleast one such person in order to balance life & keep everyone around them young & happy.

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Dear Lavanya
    There have been times when the reaction of people around me, who get somewhat irritated by my childlike pranks, make me wonder if I should change to suit their taste. Your analysis has really come as a shot in the arm for me!
    Its my life and if I derive joy from the manner in which I live it, why should anyone object?
    My goal is pure joy and I'll pursue it relentlessly!
    Sri