1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Faded Jeans at 64!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha
    Just visit some of those old forts of our so called ancient culture and you will find old men just answering my description! They even tell my daughters that I dont behave my age! Fortunately I have such indulgent daughters who keep telling their husbands to be like me!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

HA HA HA...... :rotfl

:cool2:

3. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hello Cheeniya Sir,

Please don't object to my calling you Sir. It is only because of your age. Now don't fly off the handle for that. I was just joking. Glad to find that there is another avid reader of P.G. Wodehouse. I enjoyed reading your post. More so because I am also often blamed for not acting my age but I refuse to change.

Regards,

Abha.

4. Cheeniya

Dear Abha
    Its not just the initials we share but spirits too!
    We are here to play our role as ordained at our birth. This may be a stage and we may be puppets but we dont have to play to others' tunes! If I dont act my age, its my problem and not others'
    I may be a freak but I love it. My friends love it.
    I use my age only to claim concession in railways but to tell u the truth if the TTE sees my demeanor during my journey, he may ask me to cough up the normal fare if not more!
    Sri

5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hello there

This was just too good, amazing

Cheers

6. Cheeniya

Hi Abha
    I am glad you find it too good but why amazing?
    I never dye my hair. Do you know why?
    Because I feel that it is better to have a childlike heart beneath the crop of greying hair than be a petulent old man with his hair dyed jet black!
    Dont you think that the former is a lot more endearing?
    Sri

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sri,
    when i re read ur piece here, i am so happy u r around here making waves....sk

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai Sri,
    it is some time now since I got free time to log in. I am so glad that I came across your post, you are amazing. I too am somewhat like you, I wear only salwar kameez (when my peers wear sarees only), I change my hair style (instead if a tight single plait that too a very oily one and a string of jasmine), who spend much time in the net rather than saying slokas or going to temples, mainly laughing at jokes with my son and giggling with my niece. Even my mother gives a glance of disapproval. I do not want to be like my peers, I just want to enjoy life.
    You have given more tips on how to irritate them.
    I shall go thro each of your posts and come back to you.
    Bye for now.

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Overnight, you have become a celebrity with a separate forum allotted to you.
    I am going through all your posts to my greatest delight. How they have all been "lost" to me in the long list of New Posts & my absence for a week in I L !
    I first came to your post on vedanta more because of the title ! Now, a die-hard fan ! But let me also confess that if I like a person's writing , I do not have the heart to criticise him or her vehemently. Well, this is just not me !!

Your subtle humour is most enjoyable and just oozes in every statement.
    I think at & after 64 ( well, I have not caught up with you, believe me !), we start living the way we want to - no more image conscious. My grand daughters are sometimes scandalised at the A jokes, I crack ! My friends want to know how I have the attitude to enjoy everything in life at this age. But the fact is, only now I enjoy everything as I have never done before. I realise, I am letting myself go fully, to even V's great amazement ! Has there been a sub-conscious, unwinding? - I wonder very often.

So, now, Sri, when do we chat ? Can't wait, my friend ! Tell your wife, you are in "safe hands" with me !

Love,
    Chithra.

10. Cheeniya

Dear Varloo
    You are one member I have always been targetting to drag in and make my posts read! I have seen you commenting on posts and decided on you as my bench mark. If Varloo comes and reads my post, I have passed the quality test of IL! :)
    I agree that a feeling of liberation follows the way we look externally and also feel internally. From what I read from you, you seem to match the two perfectly. I have no doubt you are the cynosure of all eyes at all the gatherings that you attend!
    Sri