1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Facial For Oily skin

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by sanju, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Savatree

Savatree New IL'ite

Thanks so much for your helpful tips but guys I am from the US and I live in Minnesota so I don't even know what besan flour is?:oops: I am sorry but I do know honey and tomatoes but if you can tell about something I can find here then I would be relly grateful..is it the regular flour that you make roti with? I am not actually from India but I am indian cuase my Grandmom was..also please make a suggestion for a hair oil becuase my hair is falling off alot...please help!

2. Savatree

Savatree New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I am living in the US and I relly don't know where I can find any of the stuff you are all talking about:-( , but I try to do a simple facial once a week, I use some regular yogurt, honey and a few lime drops, it does keep my face soft but I would to know if there is anything else I can that would clear the pimples up? if anyone is living in the US pleze tell me where I can find all these things? I live in Minnesota.

And I have another huge problem, I will be bald before I turn thirty. My hair started falling out about 5 years ago and I never did anything about it but now it I am balding..Its so embarassing! I have alot of drandruff but I odn't know how to get rid of it..Please help me!! I want something I can trust, I am scared that I might be bald for my wedding in dec of 2008:confused: ...Please help me!

Thanks you guys for this website, its so cool...

3. kritty

kritty New IL'ite

hey savitree

u seem like worryin too much,pls dont, we ll help u.
    the follwing sites ll definitely help u. try with whichever ingredients are available in th u.s. Give importance to th fenugreek, hot oil and lime treatment. they really work.
    http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Dandruff.html
    http://www.ayurvediccure.com/haircare.htm
    http://www.iloveindia.com/home-remedies/dandruf.html

acne remedy:
    1.e most important thing to do if you suffer from Acne is to drink at least four pints of water every day. Drinking a lot of water is very beneficial to your skin. Including fresh fruit and leafy green vegetables in your daily diet will also bring about a marked improvement in the quality of your complexion.
    2.fore bathing, apply a mixture of tomato pulp – real tomota pulp, not packaged one – honey and rose-water to your face and keep for twenty minutes before washing off.
    3. night, before going to bed, apply a mix of cream, glycerine, and lemon juice to your face and again keep it on for a short while before washing.

http://www.iloveindia.com/home-remedies/acne.html

Hope this mail helps u. never forget to drink water in galore. atleas 1 glass of water every 1hr.

goodluck.
    awaiting ur reply

cheers..,
    kritty:wave

4. Savatree

Savatree New IL'ite

hI Kritty,

Thank you so much for all your helpful tips but I actually applied an hair last night for my hair and its feels better already its called Mohanie hair oil. I think I will keep trying it just to see if it helps, I will also try to applied lime. Do you know of any other hair oil that I can make a mixture of? I don't know most of the stuff I am reading about but I have never try hair oil on my hair so I will wait to see the result and I do drink lots or water..thanks didi!:-D ..Are you from india? I wanna come to India so bad!

My grandmom was from there, I trying to get classes to learn hindi...If you are living about india tell about it...pleze

5. kritty

kritty New IL'ite

hey savatree,

good that u got a solution, hope it works well for u. if u get curry leaves, fenugreek seeds & hibiscus flower in th u.s, try to make a mixture with them for good hair.

QUANTITY
    C.leaves - 7 to 10 cups
    fenu..... - 3spn
    flowers - 10

METHOD
    1. dry the 1st an last ingredient in sunlight, fry th fenugreek seeds without oil for 2 or 3 mins on sim.
    2.now let it cool for 10 mins or so and then podwer it.
    3.now heat up coconut oil an put th ground mixture into the oil. shift this into a container and do not disturb for 5 days or a week if possi.
    4.home made oil for black long hair is ready.
    5.fenugreek cools an softens th hair,curry leaves promotes hair growth.

This oil did wonders to my hair. wish th same to u.

i know few places in chennai where they take hindi classes., an am jus 23.
    where in chennai ur granny live???

hope to c ur reply soon

cheers.,
    kritty:rotfl

6. Savatree

Savatree New IL'ite

kritty,

Hi, I am so glad you reply..but the only think I know is hibiscus flower , the rest I will look for..thank you much! And my grandmom was from india, she got married and move to a place called guyana (in the caribbean) thats were i was born, she is passed away before I was 5:-( ...cuase I know I originated from india and i feel so drawn this to visit it. i have read so much books and try to study the geetas but i need to know hindi..I don't know which part she was from.

But pleze stay in touch..I don't know alot of india product but I know curry , but we make it curry power not leaves..lol

Hope to hear from you soon!

7. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Savatree

Here are my remedies for good skin and hair:

1. Make a paste of Chick-pea Flour (Besan), Honey, Turmeric, Milk... apply on face. Scrub off and wash off when half dried.

2. Put a few drops of Lemon Juice In Honey, apply on face and leave it on for 20-25 minutes... the wash off.

3. Take a slice of Tomato and rub it on your face ... then leave the juice on for 10-15 minutes then wash off.

4. For Hair, mix Almond Oil, Olive Oil and coconut oil Or MIX Castor Oil, Gingelly Oil and Coconut oil and apply on your scalp leave it for and hour or so then wash with a mild Shampoo or Shikakai Powder or Reetha Powder (available in Indian Stores, promotes hair growth).

5. Also for dandruff, mix little bit of vinegar in water and after shampooing just rinse it through your hair... it helps in dandruff.

6. Apply Henna to your hair and scalp, it'll help control hairfall...

7. Eat Amla (Embilica Officinalis), it promotes hair growth.

8. Apply Curd mixed with lemon juice on your hair... after 30 minutes wash off.

Follow these regularly and you will see a difference in a month or two. for anything to work Committment is really important

Take care
    ~Abha

8. kritty

kritty New IL'ite

hi abha

ur msg makes me feel u must be systematic. and do u know wen, how an why a pimple comes,even aftr cleansin and takin care of my face regularly apart from drinkin plenty of water.

awaitin ur reply soon

thanks

cheers,
    kritty:wave

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hi Abha
    You have mentioned adding henna to hair for preventinghairloss. do we just mix henna with water? pl. let me know thanks

10. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

henna preparation...

FOR HENNA PREPTN:
    take sufficient henna [quantity depends on the length of ur hair]
    2-3 tsps of yogurt
    2-3 tsps of lime juice
    thick tea decoction
    white of 1 egg [ can add the yolk, if u r ready 2 bear the smell;-)]
    1tsp of amla powder [optional]
    mix all[ EXCEPT THE EGG] make a thick paste, keep it overnite
    and use it the next de.
    egg should b added to the paste, just before applying to the scalp.
    [ once the egg is added, apply immediately.....else it gives a bad - odour]
    duration - 30 to 45 min
    wash it with warm water.
    - can b used once a week!
    now regarding the effects of the ingredients used:
    henna - its a natural dye; which nourishes hair pigment;strenghtens the hair -roots ; gives a cooling effect to the entire system
    yogurt - good for dandruff & a natural conditioner & a cleanser
    lime juice -good for dandruff & gives a cooling effect
    tea decoction - conditioner
    egg white - conditioner & yolk -protein
    amla - for hair growth; cooling effect
    Tail-piece : u can keep the henna mixture over-nite , in an iron-wok/ irumbu chatti/kadai......to get the effect of iron :thumbsup
    NOTE: people with sinusitis, migraine, please keep urself away!
    :wave:wave:wave