1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Faced With A What Should I Do Situation!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Sep 27, 2020.

1. dharmastick

dharmastick Senior IL'ite

Tell him straight that the situation is making you uncomfortable.

sarvantaryamini and HariLakhera like this.
  2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

i think situation is imaginary or a incident of past ...because you certainly wouldn't come and ask here to bunch of anonymous in a situation like this as in when it happened.

I'm intrigues...let us know...

HariLakhera likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes, you should return the gun to him. You could take additional steps like alerting the police or his family members about his agitated state but it is not your place to withhold his property from him.

When you agreed to the safekeeping of such an item, you took on the burden of such iffy return scenarios. The owner himself can store the gun in a gun safe available for as little as ₹ 25-30 K. I myself have taken on such responsibilities that I almost lived to regret. One time at the peak of summer I agreed to look after the potted curry-leaf plant of a South Indian neighbor. The attachment South Indian women have to their growing curry-leaf plants is indecipherable. I monitored that plant's water intake and leaf-stalk angles even more closely than a nutrition-conscious mother checks her baby's input and output. I moved it around in the yard as the earth spinned around itself. When the plant went back to its original abode I was as relieved as in the days of yore a girl's parents came home from the function hall and relaxed after seeing her happily married off.

4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Syamalaji,
    Advice taken with pleasure.

5. HariLakhera

Agreed. It has been said a lie is not a lie if it harms no one but benefits someone.

6. HariLakhera

Very sound and practical advice. As I see there are so many dimensions to the issue.

7. HariLakhera

Very intelligent guess. As I said, it may not be real but it is possibility. And taking advice from anonymous people is risk free for both the giver and the taker. The icing on the cake is that it is FREE. hahahahahhaha.

ashima10 likes this.
  8. HariLakhera

Thanks. This is yet another angle which never came to my mind. What if somebody stole it? What if it is not legal to possess a gun without license and what if he has intention to kill me?????

9. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Disappear from the scene telling him that you would bring it, and text him the place you have kept it, alert all concerned, can be the first action too...and..........be sure to keep the gun in the place openly...........'joot'....:smilecat::smilecat:

HariLakhera likes this.
  10. HariLakhera

But that will affect our friendship!!!