1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Face bleaching

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by AnithaPartha, Apr 13, 2012.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,
    Recently, I visited India and I tried herbal bleach & spa facial there.
    I have heard that bleaching is not good for skin but w/o bleach, if only facial is done, then there is no glow at all.. Any ideas?

2. shyamalajh

shyamalajh Gold IL'ite

Glow has nothing to do with bleaching or whitening of skin. Glowing basically is the result of removal of dead skin cells, good blood circulation and tightening of facial muscles. That is what a good facial does.
    BTW, bleaches on face just bleach the facial hair not the skin. That definitely adds to the glow. But that can be better achieved by waxing facial hair.
    Next time try waxing facial hair and then do the facial after an hour or so. Unlike bleaches, waxing doesn't cause any chemical damage.

3. SrividyaNKumar

SrividyaNKumar Silver IL'ite

U can also try homemade bleaches(potato, tomato etc)..

4. Sanchita22

Sanchita22 Silver IL'ite

Waxing is good when done in the body. I have heard that face waxing encourages early wrinkles, hence it is better to avoid it in face. Go for natural bleach like patato, toamato and a mixture of sugar and lemon. It has no side effect and will do wonders for your skin.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  5. vibhavishwesh

vibhavishwesh Gold IL'ite

I too have seen that if u do face waxing , the face will start glowing but after few years the facial hair growth increases and u may have to do waxing very often. I have seen my mum and anuty suffering now because of facial wax they did earlier

6. rainandsnow

rainandsnow New IL'ite

Try buying Vitamin c powder. Dissolve half a teaspoon of Vitamin C powder in water and apply to your face after cleansing it. Then apply moisturizer. Vitamin C help lighten the skin with negative effects plus it also has anti aging effects.

1 person likes this.
  7. AnithaPartha

Thanks ladies.. I can see that potato juice on face makes wonders.. Sure, let me try
    Yes, I have also heard that face waxing is not good

1 person likes this.
  8. shyamalajh

shyamalajh Gold IL'ite

Waxing anywhere is supposed to (also my own experience) reduce hair growth by damaging hair follicles. waxing upper lips, eye brows and face is common and no such side effects are known. Natural bleaches are very week bleaches. their effect is only for a few hours.

9. AnithaPartha

Shyamala,
    yes, I agree with you.. Natural bleaches stands for few hours only. But what I feel is, on daily basis usage, it makes skin nice.

I usually do upper lip, arm, leg & rarely side face waxing

10. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

Hello ILites,

I feel quality of skin is something u r born with. Outside factors dont help much. I have observed that fish eaters hv the most beautiful skin eg - Bengalis, women from NE, Chinese n Japanese. By beautiful I dont mean the colour but the quality -smooth n blemish free.

I have been using face bleach since my college days [almost close to 20 years now] without any side effects. I hv maintained the following skin regime for all these years n it does work wonders.

1. A big glass of warm water on an empty stomach in the morning.
    2. One bowl of salad once a day - be sure to include tomatoes in it
    3. Including greens like spinach, methi n broccoli in diet atleast 2-3 times a week.
    4. 6-7 glasses of water a day
    5. Moderate exercise for 20 mins each day
    6. deep breathing whenever possible eg while watching TV or reading
    7. Since I am not working anymore, I do splash my face with plain cool water 3-4 times a day, especially after cooking. Just splashing also helps in keeping the face clean n the pores open.
    8. Bleaching once a month
    9. Face fruit packs once a month at home.
    10. Face scrub once a month [ i use walnut]
    11. Every night before retiring, wash face with a good facewash [dove] and massage with a moisturizer [nivea body milk] on face n hands.
    12. Lastly take my multivitamins every day.

I think the vitamin tabs have helped a lot in increasing the haemoglobin levels and hence restoring the pink colour on the face n nails. Also I dont apply any make-up except for a lipper - maybe that has helped too.

Whatever skin regimen u follow, it will take time. There will be no overnight wonders. I started all this almost 20 years back. It was a year before I could actually see some benefit. But now, in my 40s, I am glad I continued with it.

love,
    kylie