1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Face and Skin:General Beauty Care Queries and Tips

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by tulip, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

re: Natural skin care routines

hey princess

Thanks for your tips..

Regarding sunscreen gel from lotus SPF 70 the girl in the shop said it contains chlorine is it??..

DOes higher SPF like SPF 70 do any harm to your skin??????????????

I used suncros gel spf 30 but not much satisfied..

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. akhi20

akhi20 Senior IL'ite

good nice to read and iam going to follow..!!

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Snowprincess,

bonjour, merci beaucoup for the tips. They are very useful

love
    alpa:cheers

4. Snowprincess

Snowprincess New IL'ite

Hi again...:hiya

CHLORINE???? I highly doubt it if there is any tint of chlorine in the product as it is supposedly "herbal". I must say, DONT BELIEVE SALES LADIES because it is their job to tell you what was taught to them during their training. Most of them are not even aware of the good and bad ingredients in a product. I suggest that you look and read the label of the Lotus herbals suncreen instead of asking the saleslady. I recommend this one because it does solve the "icky" problem of using sunscreen and most of all, it wont give you those white patches on your face that most if not all sunscreens do.

DOes higher SPF like SPF 70 do any harm to your skin??????????????

On contrary, it gives you a better protection from the sun. The rule? Higher SPF, Higher protection. The sun in India is very harsh and I recommend that you have a sunscreen that has (AT LEAST) SPF 30. And then reapply during the middle of the day. If you are constantly under the sun, reapply after sweating or every 2 hours.

You are most welcome to ask ^_^

:cheers

5. Snowprincess

Snowprincess New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Alpa...^_^:hiya merci!

6. Snowprincess

Snowprincess New IL'ite

Thanks a lot akhi! ^_^:thumbsup

7. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Hi Snowprincess

Really thank u for sharing ur knowledge..I drive a bicycle here everywhere but as u have correctly pointed out - people usually avoid sunscreens due to its sticky nature - I belong to one of these people myself :bonk and jst given up using it a long time ago.. And the outcome... :drowning. And i am lazy enough not to ask people around for a good time and dont usually go on to try something new on my own.. So the tips and the names that u have given here have simply helped me out :bowdown

Thanks once again .. And i am looking forward for more of ur tips.. :hide:

Gayathri

8. Snowprincess

Snowprincess New IL'ite

:hiya I am glad to have been a help for you gayathri..I absolutely love the idea of using a bicycle around. ^_^ I used to hate sunblock/sunscreen myself because of the mentioned problem so it is really good to find products that will do good things and would be comfortable to wear as well. Remember that when wearing sunscreen, you are not only protecting yourself from burning your skin but also from early wrinkles, dull skin, and a lot more skin damages that the sun will cause you. Basically, most of skin damages that we get is from sun exposure so go go go and wear your sunscreen!! ^_^:yes:

9. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

well snowprincess out of your tips the only thing i dont do is apply sunscreen. my skin is very very very oily and doest go well with the sunscreen creams. but ive learnt from your post that there are gel sunscreen also available, which i was totally unaware of. plase can you tell me a brand which i can buy. and here in dubai every single soul needs a sunscreen. please help :drowning

10. Snowprincess

Snowprincess New IL'ite

Wow, Dubai...Nice place...searing sun...:hide: Any gel sunscreen would do for oily skin...as long as you get one that has high SPF. If you cannot get anything that is gel-based, you can try Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 55. This brand is very sheer and light and wont feel greasy on your skin...^_^ Sunscreen needs to be reapplied.Please do update me once you get to buy one..^_^ thanks a lot..