1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

EZ-Pass

Discussion in 'Indians in Maryland & DC' started by SriPriya123, Jul 18, 2012.

1. SriPriya123

SriPriya123 Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I need your opinion in deciding if EZ pass will be useful or not. My husband works in Maryland and we travel almost every weekend to DC and VA for sightseeing/movie/shopping. We come across various toll booths and we are always rummaging for change. I was wondering if having EZ pass will be helpful or not. Also when i googled, i came across so many options, not sure which plan to choose (if i decide to buy)

Do you ladies use EZ Pass? Can you throw some light on if its useful and which plan to choose?

Thanks!

- SriPriya

2. mridhubhashini

mridhubhashini New IL'ite

We got Ezpass. We don't have change most of the times and the local toll roads charge .175$, 1.25$ etc. We drive a lot to NY so it helps us skip long lines. It is pretty handy. We don't use the toll roads on a daily basis so we dont benefit there. It certainly helps. We got the auto replenish and it is hassle free.

3. SriPriya123

Thanks, and how did you buy the equipment..? Which plan are you in? Do they charge any additional fees?

4. falgunid18

falgunid18 Platinum IL'ite

This info is for NJ ezpass, but I assume it will be same for all other areas as well. You can check it on net. we use this ezpass to travel all over the country.

Generally you can buy ezpass either online (for around 25$) or from store (that sell ezpass-- typically the srvice areas) for may be around 30$

Anywhere you buy from, out of 25$ m10$ will be held as a refundable deposit and remaining 15$ you can use for your toll. If you sset up automatica plan for ezpass, then everytime your credit falls below 10$, ezpass will automatically refill itself for 15$ (i.e. ur total now is 10$ deposit + 15$ refill). This will repeat until you stop your automatica payment. You can also choose to refill it manually.

I would always prefer ezpass, even if not much used, coz the amount you are paying at tolls will be same either with cash or with ezpass. But with ezpass you will have more convinience (with the same toll amount).

And just in case you plan not continue it anymore, you can return the ezpass device and they will refund you your 10$ deposit.

1 person likes this.
  5. SriPriya123

That helps! Thank you so much!

1 person likes this.