1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Eyesight...and Brain

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by AadhiSarathy, May 26, 2010.

1. AadhiSarathy

AadhiSarathy New IL'ite

Hi,

One of my friends' niece (8 years old) had a small injury on her eyebrow few years back, which was operated and fine so far. This week, she had developed fever coupled with some pain where she got operated and her parents took her to a hospital in Vellore, TN (they live in Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh, India). There, in the hospital, the doctors suspect it to be linked with brain as well and after a couple of checks they said that the child is losing the vision on one of her eyes gradually.

Actually, my friend is currently in US, so too am I, on a short term work assignment and he is obviously worried and may not go back until mid August.

I immediately thought of asking in the forum of Indusladies website to get some help, hence this post.

If anyone who lives in the following areas can kindly suggest a good hospital/doctor, it would be really great! Vellore, Chittoor, Hyderabad, Chennai, or anywhere nearby.

Please reply and let me know if there is any more information that I need to provide.

Thank you,
    Aadhi

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hope solution is found at exact time. You have not mentioned to which hospital the child was admitted in vellore. What kind of treatment or remedy did the doctors there advised them.

To benefit future users, CMC, vellore is a famous hospital.

In chennai you have got many good hospitals and doctors. but don't know what kind of treatment you are looking into.

For eye, Sankara Nethralaya is very good