1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

extremely concerned about my parents.....

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by goldengirl826, May 31, 2015.

1. goldengirl826

goldengirl826 Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    My dad is 55+ and due to office politics, he quit his job in city A. After few months he did get a job in City B. My mum was very upset with this. However she wanted to support my dad and moved to city B.
    right from my young age, we have been travelling constantly, and at last we settled in city A. Our life was smooth for quite some time.
    i got married, had some issues and TTC for 3 years. In addition to this my parents had to move to a new city. All this really affecting my mum. I can see it clearly, even if they do not express it.
    I am a single child to my parents and i feel i am not able to help them in any way. they spent max on my marriage....now my dad does not have much for his retirement. and still clearing off few loans. I am concerned about my parents and their future.
    Few days back, they had gone to city A and my dad booked a wrong flight while coming back to city B.
    My mum got really frustrated, she called me and said she extremely unhappy in her life. She said she is tired of everything.. i did console her.
    Do not know what to do...

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

you dad has a job in city B , he was Abel,to find it even at 55 which is very encouraging .

let your mom vent to you but don't start blaming your dad and be supportive.

Do you work , help them financially if there are in need.

1 person likes this.
  3. goldengirl826

thanks!!
    yep have to tell my mum not to feel disheartened.

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...this is part and parcel of life. Supporting through good and bad times.
    Keep your mother occupied till she gets used to life in the new place.Talk to her often.Get her to start some hobby. .....but most importantly...if you are able to help out financially ,then this is the time to do it.

Also...talk to your dad often.It is tough for him too and men tend to keep things to themselves.Make him feel good about himself.Like armummy wrote...it is a great achievement to get a job at his age....when people much younger than him find it harder.

I really wish Indian parents and children would stop wasting money on weddings.

Best Wishes Op.......Hope things settle down soon for them.

2 people like this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Is your mom going through menopause by any chance? That general unhappy feeling and not able to cope with things that one would generally be able to cope with etc are all sounding like that. If she isn't generally like this then it will be a good idea for her to read up about it and know what to expect. Women go through not only physical changes but emotional changes too. Sort of like how pregnancy hormones make you weepy sometimes or post pregnancy hormone dip makes you have baby blues.

2 people like this.
  6. goldengirl826

@Laks09,
    never occurred to me that her mood swings are due to menopause. she is at a age were she is going through menopause.
    thanks a lot.

2 people like this.