1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extras by Women!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by hrastro, Feb 17, 2015.

1. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

All you ladies are just awesome.laks..you are the epitome of love and patience.i pray to god for ur family.One suggestion.Can ladies in relationships forum be directed to this thread as im sure they will get hope and courage

2 people like this.
  2. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

wow @hrastro... you are an inspiration. I don't I'll ever show my husband your thread, otherwise he will expect me to do more work lol...

3 people like this.
  3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

@hrastro sister, Yet another amazing post, there is no wonder it is from you and happy to know that the nomination which I started last month is raining for you, :hatsoff:

About me, as most of them here know, the secret of my working environment is that my sleeping pattern is just 4-5 hours a day and 2-3 hours of personal work /cooking/ No maids ever since I got married, please don’t raise your eyebrows Yes!!! I cook and my household work myself, not an elaborate one, but simple and systematic.

So leaving out Eight hours, I have 16 hours at disposal to work, and have been working since age of 19 and my physical body (infact ours) is immuned to this condition.

This has helped me complete my Research on redesigning pedagogy (School Education) which transforms the Global Education successfully, Research Papers on Employable ready Students even after possessing Tertiary Degree stands at 64% for Indian Students and many other countries also have similar outcomes, Okie this is not what I should be talking about here….

By Baba’s grace Our Project’s Accomplishments are satisfying which will be shared some other time separately, the greatest milestone is that the process of Teaching Methodology being registered and published for the Intellectual Property Rights Globally after eighteen months effort.

The title mentions “EXTRAS” but even this is one of main work I consider as my GURU SAYEE has designated and we serve as an iota in conducting Parayan of the Holy Book Saisatcharitra at IL (earlier amidst us @ home) for the third consecutive year with around 70+ sisters each year. We also have atleast 4-5 One day Parayans here in IL which exceeds sometimes to around 100 sisters with many new comers enrolling too

Though compiling and organizing was a bit strenuous, that is how many here knew that I stay odd hours working, earlier Sisters @Suryakala & @Saras123 would commence the day’s Parayan with regular rituals and the prayer thread respectively, Sister @ChandrikaV would help in compiling, but now that all three of them are away from Parayan due to personal reasons, but Baba has blessed with a great new feature of @mentions/Tagging which has surpassed all these time spending, it has immensely benefited to reach out and has saved much of my time to do their work on my own, Thanks to Guru Sayee to always be our guide and ofcourse to Sister @Dinny who was the root for bringing this according to me, it is not complete if I don’t mention Sister @IL_Admin Brother @jey Sister @Induslady & the IL team to have implemented a great feature. (I am not a Techie and don’t know how difficult or easy it is have be brought in)

Praying for each and everyone we encounter and their genuine problems gets vanished away is great selfless work which carries my satisfaction to the core, though each ones own prayer to GOD is heard NO DOUBT, when someone else prays on behalf of them there is 100% positivity and there are no “why me” “What if” kind of negativity which plays an important role till the prayer has reached the positivity, that is why group prayers has its own success.

Apart from this, guidance to student (non affordable background) especially in this ROTE LEARNING ERA, many Subjects Chapters are turned out from “Dislikes” to “Likes”, is something I am able to help out, which drives the students to achieve their parents’ goal to prestigious Indian Universities and shores abroad.

All these are away from my regular role as Finance Analyst. These are all possible by Guru Sayee's Mentorship and my Dhs Support, Thanks Sister @hrastro for the thread.

Sorry for the length of the post.. Thanks for taking time to read.

May Baba guide us always, SAIRAM

4. Saisakthi

@Laks09 Sister, Truly commendable, well it should be read by one and all especially moms of special kids, you are all truly blessed to be such moms and the kids are gift of god,

A big hug to you all, Sisters @Laks09 @Swethasri & @Shanvy for all the efforts you all do on your own in taking care of them, As mentioned by Amma @Jayasala42 every deed and action performed successfully is wining a noble prize from the Almighty.

@SGBV sister, a truly inspiring and motivating one, @Vanivyas Sister Great indeed,

May Baba bless all your home in abundance, SAIRAM

5. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

@hrastro, you are a super woman...All I do is work in my lousy s/w job 8 hrs a day, drive 54 miles a day, make fresh food(trying to be healthy) everyday for my family, workout atleast 30 mins a day... Im trying to squeeze in sometime for my son but I have no energy beyond this...my entire body is already begging for some rest...I can never be you...

1 person likes this.
  6. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

What is so strange about the cooking and doing the household work yourself? Are you doing beyond your family's work? most women that live outside India do this every single day. Looks like we Indians have been too pampered with the domestic help.

1 person likes this.
  7. AruljothiD

AruljothiD Silver IL'ite

Thank You @hrastro You a really a super women.. A wonderful thread, Today i got to know some amazing women

@Laks mam you r a lovely mother,cant control the tears reading your journey.. those last lines were simple amazing i admire you mam.. You r a winner.. I m keeping Your family in my daily Prayers .

3 people like this.
  8. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Such a positive thread to start the day with..Unlike the other thread..(Do i need tio mention the name????... where every SAHM bitches abtoout working mom and vice versa)

I am a Working Mom and have been the same mostly till date(with one break inbetween for 4 months).

I have got both my Parents/inlaws support and currently functioning without them too..

My current day startes the prev night...As soon as i am back from office and pick uyp DS from day care by 5:45 ish, i am back home giving him snacks, prepare dinner, take him to classes, help in his homework, make him read for 10 mnts, talk to him about his school/Day Care, simultaneously do the laundry(not everyday) or grind batter, cut veggies everyday, prepare rasam or sambar for the next day, do the dishes, clean the kitchen

Cleaning the Kitchen and the living room is something i always do irrespective of the time as i can never wake up in a messy house...

After this i watch TV for 30 mnts(Mostly chopping veggies or laundry)..meanwhile i do get offshore calls ..

After all this me and my DS are in Bed by 9:30..

The day then start around 5...After the brush wash etc..i am welcomed by my DH who makes hot coffee for me..We enjoy our early morning coffee talking for atleast 10 mnts..

then we are back to the race..I prepare breakfast, snacks for DS, Pack luch for all three of us..

Meanwhile DH goes for walk/gym wake my Ds , give him a shower and dress him up...

then breakfast time for all of us..
    then i go ahead and drop DS in school and we head to office at 8:00 AM

1. I always ensure i prepare proper South Indian Breakfast (Hot Hot and fresh). I never give bread/cereal.

2. I ensure that each of us eat atleast two servings of veggies and one fruit everyday

3. Even if its snacks i never use store bought ones and prepares home made ones

4. Noodles/Pasta and Pizza are prepared once in a week for dinner

5. I always ensure i prepare atleast one newly learnt special dish for weekend

6. I always keep my house clean and mess free

7. I am working on a cooking Blog

8. I do paintings and they decorate my house

9 people like this.
  9. Saisakthi

@ramyav_cse Sister,

Yes that is nothing great about it, but just wanted to clarify that the kind of work which I do is also equally not great if the following is available:

1. I have food served on my table (by cook or someone at home)
    2. Ironed Blazer on my wadrobe
    3. Chauffeur who drives me around on business errands

Someone who has the above no wonder work with ease, so I mentioned we live a simple style, ofcourse make sure our passion gets fulfilled

Yes !!! you did have an answer if you have read beyond that, Thank you for saving your time by not reading further.

The other reason to mention that is when the ample supply is available, unless told that it is not being availed makes sense for the rest of the post,

Sorry, I am the last person to feel proud about such things, anyway that is
    immaterial.

May baba guide us always, Sairam.

6 people like this.
  10. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

PMed you Saisakthi sister on this.