1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Sensory Perception (esp)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Mar 16, 2008.

1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Devika,

Thanks a lot for your explanation. I wouldn't have asked this question if this had happened before my mom's periamma's death. In fact my mom has had dreams of my cousin being pregnant only to hear the confirmation a week later. This happened almost a year after her death! Maybe as you say, periamma was bidding a special farewell to her daughter(my mom). :) Thanks again.

Regards,
    Anitha

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Devika,
    a nice one , with all the fbs, great, did you get any +ve vibe while joining the IL, just kidding.

My husband was telling me that something is going to happen to Madras(Chennai). a few years back, that is when 'tsunami' lashed the shores...

My cousin has this ESP--she is doing japas...her mom would consult her if my cousin's younger sister will get married to that alliance or not...
    My aunt has one dream where, there are two baby snakes---one running very fast and the other tired and lagged behind...
    That was the time when both of her daughters were pregnant, one had a miscarriage and the other had a healthy baby...

sriniketan

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Srini,

You bet I got a very postive vibe while joining IL. Me kidding tooBig Laugh

Anyway good to read your incidents relating to ESP.

Regards,

Devika

quote=Sriniketan;259186]Devika,
    a nice one , with all the fbs, great, did you get any +ve vibe while joining the IL, just kidding.

My husband was telling me that something is going to happen to Madras(Chennai). a few years back, that is when 'tsunami' lashed the shores...

My cousin has this ESP--she is doing japas...her mom would consult her if my cousin's younger sister will get married to that alliance or not...
    My aunt has one dream where, there are two baby snakes---one running very fast and the other tired and lagged behind...
    That was the time when both of her daughters were pregnant, one had a miscarriage and the other had a healthy baby...

sriniketan[/quote]

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi all

Even i used to get dreams in sleep thinking of someone who dies or something bad happening to a person.Sometimes I think of a person whom we have never met or spoke abt them !!!!!!! When i tell my husband that i ggot bad dream today, he will ask me, whom did u kill today!!!!!! It may sound funny that time, but if that person is sooo close to us, I will be sad the whole day and i keep thinking of it!! :-(

Is it just a dream or what is it?

5. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi ladies...:hiya:hiya:hiya
    i cant believe i missed out on this thread for quite a bit....
    anyway...just wanted to say a big thanks to devika ma'am for bringing up this topic....since esp and all related issues are not yet willing to come out from under the carpet and boldly face the world...(in the sense that people are not willing to accept them outwardly yet)
    seeing that the last few posts were about dreams....
    may ask any of you to help me out here....
    i had this dream...and it is still baffling me after all these years....
    since this dream was very vivid, i do not want to get carried away by getting too 'detail-ish'...
    here's the cliff notes version:

i was at this place which resembled an orchard.on my right was a house that i had never seen before.as i approached the house....i saw my cousin who had passed away the year before (i had this dream in 2004) and his parents coming out of the house.
    when i went to talk to them, they ignored me, as though i was not even there. then they all got in into a vintage car and they went off leaving me alone there.
    in front of the house, there stood a lone tree which had a huge beehive bustling with bees. and at that time, my youngest uncle tries to knock it down. as i try to stop him, he somehow manages to aggravate those bees and they head straight for me. i run into the house shutting the door behind me.only then did i realise the windows in the house were all open and the bees were going to come through them.so began closing all the windows...at the same time, i could actually see the bees following me as i closed each window in time.when i finally reached to the last window and closed it, one bee managed to get inside...and when i swatted it, it hit the window and fell on to the sill...and it resembled somewhat like a stone.

after that i woke up....

this dream took place 3 days before his 1st year death anniversary....

thanks in advance for taking the time to read it...

cheers
    maya

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Maya,

Thanks for writing in dear..

Ok Maya now one thing i wish to clarify here is that dreams are NOT ESP. An intuition is not essentially a dream . you will have to understand that.
    Now a lot of dreams are based on our mental state at that particular point of time.
    If you have been going through some emotional turmoil or you have been caught up in some grave decision making process.,or if you are basically restless about something you do experience these kinda of dreams.This particular dream of yours dates back to 4 years ,so you need to understand what was your mental state at that time. Also were you very close to this cousin. Was his death a sudden blow?
    Generally a dream of bees attacking etc. denotes some kind of an inner turmoil.

Anyway you are a young sweetheart, dont let these things bother you, now that its pretty old, move on and enjoy yourself....

Love,
    Devika

7. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi there,
    thanks ma'am...
    the reason why asked about this dream was because usually my dreams are some sort of premonition....sometimes the meaning is hidden...that is why....thanks for the clarification....
    you can read one of my posts here:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/9927-premonition-gift-or-curse-2.html#post109211

cheers
    maya

8. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Devika ma’am

I was reading all the posts here yesterday night and when i came to maya’s, my clock struck 12, her post about her dream was scary too so i logged out, prayed n then went to sleep.

Those who are very close with me knew i will tell them where they are, in what condition n what they are doing exactly, even without seeing them or talking to them. But i can tell all this only to those who are very close to me. My very close friends never lie to me even if they do sometimes i will find out the very same second. They used to tell me, “We have to be very careful with u.”

I will tell you the recent happenings alone.
    My friend was in some market area purchasing vegetables n she was talking to me on mobile. She was discussing something seriously with me n suddenly i asked her, “Are you looking at a handsome guy now who is going in a splendor in front of you wearing a red T-shirt?”:crazy..She went speechless for sometime n kept asking me how do i know n even doubted me to be in the same market area, somewhere near her..i had to prove her that i was at home only by switching on tv..

This is about my another friend. I was talking to her on phone n when our conversation was about to end, i somehow felt that my call is going to be the last call to her mobile. I was at home n she was at her work place. After half an hour, i was trying to reach her number but was not able to. That night she called me from some other number n told me that she lost her mobile that morning soon after talking to me. I felt bad for not warning her. After a few days, me n my friends were sitting n chatting in my class room during our lunch break n when one of my friend from other section was about to leave i experienced the same feeling i experienced before n i told her, “Be careful with your mobile or u will lose it today”…She had lab classes that afternoon n i had theory. When i met her that evening she had lost her mobile. And all i got was, “Because of u i lost my mobile. Won’t good words come from you?:spin You have black tongue n that’s why what you told became true”…And she got nicely from me..Rant Damaging each other n all is nothing among us close friends.

I do not know whether i have some sort of connectedness with mobiles or with people whom i am close to. All recent happenings are related to mobiles. I went out with my sister’s family recently for a small tour out of Chennai. My bil wanted to get down from the car n relax as he was driving continuously for hours. The place we were traveling was full of greeneries. More or less it was a farm area. We relaxed for sometime n started proceeding further. Fifteen mins would have passed, i felt something inside and i asked my sister her mobile. After a long search inside the car, inside her bag, she told she could not find hers. I asked my bil to drive back. My sis was sure she had lost her mobile n will not be able to get that again as somebody else would have taken it in the meantime. I asked her to stay cool n told her she will get that back again. We stopped at the place where we got down sometime before n there it was lying in some bush.

A few months back, i met my friend’s (She is 7-8 years elder to me) acquaintance. The very first second i saw him, a picture of my friend standing next to him with a garland around her neck came infront of my eyes. My friend was not with us then. I was totally shocked for i did not want to see something in reality like that. I was there with him for sometime in that gathering n all the time i spent, i was able to relate my friend with that person. I came back home, called my friend n asked her to stop talking to him. She asked me, “Do u think i’ll start loving him? No way…so don’t be worried.” The kind of man he was then made me tell that to my friend. But there is a huge lot of difference between the man he was n he is now. The very next month there was some changes with my friend n when i asked her, “Are you in love with him?” I got a straight “Yes” from her. But i will have to wait to see whether what i saw is going to happen or not.

Then comes my falling down experiences. Here it means falling down from cycle. I used to go to school by cycle from my home. If i see somebody else’s cycle stand about to touch the ground or something like that n if i tell them, the very next moment i will fall down for sure. It happened every time I did something like that. I had the habit of observing the numbers of cars, bikes, the colors, brand name etc.,:bang At some point, I even tried hard to pull myself away from that habit. Though i have succeeded to some extent, it has not gone out of me totally. bonk

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  9. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

:iagree with u. There are certain people who r very selfish. But do not worry dear, you have been chosen by GOD for specific reason. Keep helping people whenever possible......

Luv

Shashu:wave:

10. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi meena akka.
    i cant believe the clock struck 12 when you were reading my post.
    im sorry if it freaked you out though. well, that is just one of my experiences.
    i hope you are alright.
    take care

regards
    maya