1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Sensory Perception (esp)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Aruna,

Thanks for writing in. Glad you liked the topic.

Regards,

Devika

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Veda,

Wouldnt call it blabbering by any standards, but would say thanks for sharing the incident with us. It was very fortunate that both you and Shanthi escaped with out any major hurt , but yet knowing a woman, I feel Shanthi would be very relieved that she was with you at that particular moment , maybe her being with you averted something graver, you know what i mean .She is your lucky charm so you can say she saved you..

Regards,
    Devika

If I have understood wrongly, then I am sorry... Yes, men are less vocal about these things, as this will make them face lot of comments... I have gone through that... so now I have learnt to be silent.... hahahahaha...

Dont want to take pangaas in IL ???? great.... hahahahahahahaha...

If you read Cheeniyas thread on Pei etc... you can find I would have quoted 2/3 live incidents on spirits and things...

This happened in 2006 October... We had guests for dinner... I have to drop them back to their house in the late night... I felt something is wrong and felt some foul smell... I said things are not right... But I called Shanthi also to come along with me... Shan also agreed to come... She also understood something is wrong... But we are helpless, as we have to drop them back to their house... We dropped them back and while coming back, we had a major accident... Major part of the fronst side was gone... We were very lucky that we came out without any major injuries... Shanthi had brusies and back probs and all... Also, there was no other vehicle which ram into us...The whole highway was blocked... Even till this very moment I couldnt visualise how this happened... Only guilty feeling is knowing fully well, that there is going to be something wrong, I pulled Shanthi also along... But I know for sure, had she not come with me, I will not be writing this....

Sometimes.... knowing what is going to happen is a curse... We cannot share it or talk about... We have to be just a witness to something which is happening.... If it is good, you will feel good.... If it is bad, then we are struck and helpless... If we try to warn them, they will not accept and something goes wrong, we will be blamed for that... If we dont say anything... the guilty concious.....aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh...

Hope let me stop blabbering here...

Veda[/quote]

3. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I too would like to share couple of my experiences ---- not any premonition like others here possess ; just like to say Deep Gut Feeling or instinct or intuition whatever ....
    From simple stuff like correctly predicting the World Cup Winners [cricket/football] year after year much to the surprise of family members ; I was the only one:crazy who backed Srilanka when they were the underdogs many years ago & in fact the only one who strongly voted Ravi Shastri winning Champion of Champions/audi car etc. I just calmly recollect the names of country or teams playing and when the chosen team comes in my mind I get 'some feeling' and bet on it !

Over 14 years back my cousin brother who was in US wrote to us a letter, telling about looking for a groom for his sister. My mother was reading it aloud to all of us in the room, but suddenly I felt 'something' and took the letter from her & read it to myself. Then I quietly told them that it is not for his sister at all !! He is in love with someone who is not from our community/caste & is going to marry her . Nobody gave a damn what I said !! All I got was Rant Rant .But shortly he came to Madras on a quick visit, explained to his furious parents and married his Parsi lady love from Delhi, back in US a few months later .

A bit recently , a few years ago, my neighbour came home one morning inviting me for her daughter's b'day party next week . Instantly I 'felt' the party will be cancelled ; but I had no intention at all of telling her . I told my hubby & that we needn't buy any gift or select any dress for the party ----- he thought utter nonsense/******** and went ahead with purchases. Even the day before the party she came home to ask for keeping some cool drinks in my fridge as hers was small & many guests were coming. I said no probs. but still felt the same lousy feeling. Correctly around mid-morning [ party was in evening] her hubby calls me up to say she is in hospital & has suffered a miscarriage -----:eek:mg: I felt awful !! But how could I have helped -- just tell my hunch to an excited happy mother & spoil her mood ?? Apparently she didn't even know she was pregnant !!!

To this day I can judge people's nature very correctly. Even on phone I can tell if person on other end [ my brother-in-law, my co-sister's dad or even my own mummy ] is bluffing -- even if I'm not on the phone at all :spinand they are only talking to my hubby !!

When I read the experiences of Devika, Malathy and Shanvy I can also understand their feeling of desperation and helplessness ---- when God has given this remarkable prowess, why didn't He give some way of saving the people also ?? Friends, do you get visions of only bad things or unforseen mishaps which are going to happen ---- or is there any instances where your powers have given jubilant news to someone or made someone else happy or given them peace of mind ---- I think that aspect of this power could be the silver lining to those going through these sensitive periods.

Cheers,
    Grace.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Grace3,

When I read your experience I was just laughing aloud not because I thought it was funny, more because I have gone through all the three incidents.

And believe me I can tell when somebody is genuine or bluffing... but there is no point in telling others, it cannot be understood by others until they experience something on those lines.

I have seen good things also. my Mil 2 years before meeting her. My marks before they were published..the list could go on.

Yes the helplessness is always there. what if you had gone and told the lady that she is going to have a miscarriage, you would have been shunned...and after the event you become the reason....from experience.

sometimes, it is just easier praying to god and leaving this to happen as it.

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hey Grace,

Thankyou so much for sharing your experiences.
    You know Grace its not just negative sometimes you get an intuition about a lot of happy happenings.like u got about the match.
    Well to share an experience of mine. I was to celebrate my daughters fourth b'day and it was organised at the Mc. Donald's. Till a day prior to the b'day she was running high temperature,whichmade my husband want to cancel it. I told him she would be perfectly fine..You know I was getting this strong positive vibe around me, that all would be perfectly well. And by evening she was back to normal and went on to celebrate her b'day and had a rocking time with her friends.

Regards,
    Devika

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    Even I visualised my son's 10th board marks on the day it was out, early in the morning! And what a pleasant surprise, a friend of mine first called up to say that the result was out in the net and she read out the marks to me after getting his hall ticket number. It tallied with what I had seen in my vision during meditation!
    Rgds,
    Malathi

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

WOW is all I can say. Its so wonderful to experience all these positivities too!!
    Devika

quote=Malathijagan;258838]Dear Shanthi,
    Even I visualised my son's 10th board marks on the day it was out, early in the morning! And what a pleasant surprise, a friend of mine first called up to say that the result was out in the net and she read out the marks to me after getting his hall ticket number. It tallied with what I had seen in my vision during meditation!
    Rgds,
    Malathi[/quote]

8. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I have been a silent observer of this thread. I have not had such experiences personally but my mother has experienced this at times. Seeing there are a lot of people here who would understand what I'm going to say, I want to ask something. First the background for my question.

My mother was "adopted" by her periappa when she was a kid but within a year my mother came back to stay with her parents. My mom's periappa and periamma are involved in some religious movement which does not follow our hindu rituals. A few years back they moved to the concerned religious matt somewhere near Agra and stopped keeping in touch with the rest of the family. So, they had no idea that my parents moved to Mumbai recently. We came to know that my mom's periamma passed away last year. It seems my mom's periamma came in her dreams early in the morning(around 4:30) last week and said "Airport ku ivlo pakathlaiya irukka? Enakku theriyama poche!" (Are you this near the airport? I didn't know) My mother woke up instantly and so she does not know if that was the end of her dream or not.

This is my question: What is this supposed to mean? Does this have any special significance? Can somebody explain this?

Regards,
    Anitha

P.S : This might not exactly be related to this thread but I just felt I could post it here and you all would understand this.

9. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Grace,
    I do not know in what sense you took our experiences of esp or whatever it may be called. Yes, I started meditation out of desparation. To find a way out of my miseries. I learnt meditation using a book called 'Silva Mind Control'. Would you believe, even this book coming, to me was ordained by a superior power. After my doctor advised me to go for meditation to come out of my problems, I was wondering how to go about it. That was the time when my neighbour ( A sindhi lady, who was a Reiki master) invited me to her home for Lakshmi Puja. A special puja was performed on me, where my feet were washed and I was served special lunch. After this she showed me this book and asked me to read it! I grasped this opportunity and asked her if I could buy it. Within two days, she got me one! May be I got seriously into meditation because of the pleasant experiences. I started meditation with a testing attitude only!
    Be sure of one thing. As I always tell myself-'What has to happen will happen. No power on earth can prevent it from happening."
    Yes, I have had got jubilant news too.
    Regards,
    Malathi

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

DEar Anitha,

I am glad you wrote in. From what I understand your mother had a very deep connection with her Periamma,something that dates back to the time that she was staying with her. So obviously your her periamma has taken care of her as a mother. This strong connection is a very deep one and though the may not have been physically close but your mothers periamma was very connected to her mentally.
    In this case it very often happens that when you are very close to somebody you do get a premonition of their illness or death. The latter happened in the caseof your mother.
    It was a premonition of the death of her periamma .The airport meant her taking off to another place, it was her bidding her goodbye!!
    Generally very strong intuitive powers are experienced in a mother child relation. As you must ve read in Shanvy's case where the pain of her kid gets transmitted to her.

These are very strong sensory perceptions and may not be regularly experienced even by psychics ,but when they do come they have a strong impact.

Devika

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008