1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Sensory Perception (esp)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi Devika,

In the past few years I have seen a good number. it was my mil's circle of friends and some are no more. some of them i am intouch. and I have am in touch with two people who are. One is my husband and another is a friend.

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika,
    Very interesting topic as well as a topic in depth by itself. I too get some intutions, may be i dunno if i can call it that way.But if any of my relatives(cousins/mom/dad/Gd/Gm), whom i'm so close with are unwell, i do not feel okay the whole day.I get headache and stuff and finaly i end up calling my cousins or grand mom, and i'm so sure to hear that one of them is unwell or hospitalised. Also, i get some intuitons about trips.It happened in DEC ,2006.My hubby n I (newly wedded then) had plans to visit his aunt in erode.We even booked to n fro tickets and all plans confirmed.But some how, i argued on the stay over there saying it was not possible n stuff and finally agreed to book tickets.Something tells me stuff happnd, that i felt sick the day before,hubby had a small accident left hand-small finger had an airline crack.Finally the trip got cancelled.

ESP...beyond explanation...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Devika,

This is really a very sad story.

Yeah I do have this kind of premonitions maybe not exactly......Just to quote one example, my nephew who was aged 8 yrs was diagnoised as suffering from an incurable lung disease. He was often taken to the hospital and stayed there but all the time I never felt anything.

But before his death, almost 20 days prior he was taken in a very serious condition, the doctor had given up all hope but somehow I had butterflies in my stomach & told the doctor to carry out a procedure as a last resort and lo.... he was up & active.

After 15 days of this episode he was again hospitalised and something in me went on saying this time it would be very diffcult. I took leave from office for few days and was with sil in the hospital. One day my dh also told me to attend office as I was a new joinee & getting leave was v difficult. I agreed, but somehow I could not concentrate on the morning chores I felt I should be with him and I told my dh whatever happens I will be at the hospital and called up my boss and told him that if can I will attend in the afternoon but morning was no noo. That day my nephew breathed his last at 12.30 and nobody except myself & my sil was there.

Lot of things has happened like this.

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika,

I have been following this thread from day 1... But never thought I should talk about this... as this is a controversial subject.... Lot of people believe... lot of them make comments...

But here I would like to beg to differ with you.... There are quite a lot of men who are very good in this... These things they dont talk about... I had my guruji and a whole association of people who are extremely good in this....

I have a friend in Bahrain, who can just talking to you will tell you who you are and what you are and what is going to happen to you....

So, let us not categorise these things to gender specific.... my 2My 2cents...

Veda

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Veda

You are getting me completely wrong I wish you would read through what i said again.
    I felt that the number of women who felt it were MORE than the men. I never said men dont feel it . Anyway Men are also less vocal about the things they feel or experience , so unless someon eis a mind reader its very diff to understand these things.
    I dont know and dont care about others , but i find this a very very interesting phenomenon as interesting as love, since you do not have a control over this .
    When i write for a community like IL the last thing i intend to be is gender specific.Dont want to take any pangaas! This case of your friend is awesome!!

Devika

I have been following this thread from day 1... But never thought I should talk about this... as this is a controversial subject.... Lot of people believe... lot of them make comments...

But here I would like to beg to differ with you.... There are quite a lot of men who are very good in this... These things they dont talk about... I had my guruji and a whole association of people who are extremely good in this....

I have a friend in Bahrain, who can just talking to you will tell you who you are and what you are and what is going to happen to you....

So, let us not categorise these things to gender specific.... my 2My 2cents...

Veda[/quote]

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,

Thanks for writing in

I'm sorry about your nephew. Its a very sad incident and i know what you mustve gone through.
    Love,
    Devika

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Aishu,

I am glad you revealed your experiences on intuition.Many stay away from it maybe because it deals with a lot of intense feelings.
    Most of us get a premonition of someone unwell in the family . I personally experience this but my Mother gets it more.
    You ESP abour the trip also turned out to be true.
    You're quite right.
    ESP no explanation.

Regards,
    Devika

quote=aishu22;256912]Dear Devika,
    Very interesting topic as well as a topic in depth by itself. I too get some intutions, may be i dunno if i can call it that way.But if any of my relatives(cousins/mom/dad/Gd/Gm), whom i'm so close with are unwell, i do not feel okay the whole day.I get headache and stuff and finaly i end up calling my cousins or grand mom, and i'm so sure to hear that one of them is unwell or hospitalised. Also, i get some intuitons about trips.It happened in DEC ,2006.My hubby n I (newly wedded then) had plans to visit his aunt in erode.We even booked to n fro tickets and all plans confirmed.But some how, i argued on the stay over there saying it was not possible n stuff and finally agreed to book tickets.Something tells me stuff happnd, that i felt sick the day before,hubby had a small accident left hand-small finger had an airline crack.Finally the trip got cancelled.

ESP...beyond explanation...[/quote]

8. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Well I know .Yes, Veda just mentioned about it , of course not about himself but about his friend, I guess your talking about the same person. I wish some men would share their experiences too!

Regards,
    Devika

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika
    An interesting topic. ESP. It was great going through this what you have written and the fbs.

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika,

If I have understood wrongly, then I am sorry... Yes, men are less vocal about these things, as this will make them face lot of comments... I have gone through that... so now I have learnt to be silent.... hahahahaha...

Dont want to take pangaas in IL ???? great.... hahahahahahahaha...

If you read Cheeniyas thread on Pei etc... you can find I would have quoted 2/3 live incidents on spirits and things...

This happened in 2006 October... We had guests for dinner... I have to drop them back to their house in the late night... I felt something is wrong and felt some foul smell... I said things are not right... But I called Shanthi also to come along with me... Shan also agreed to come... She also understood something is wrong... But we are helpless, as we have to drop them back to their house... We dropped them back and while coming back, we had a major accident... Major part of the fronst side was gone... We were very lucky that we came out without any major injuries... Shanthi had brusies and back probs and all... Also, there was no other vehicle which ram into us...The whole highway was blocked... Even till this very moment I couldnt visualise how this happened... Only guilty feeling is knowing fully well, that there is going to be something wrong, I pulled Shanthi also along... But I know for sure, had she not come with me, I will not be writing this....

Sometimes.... knowing what is going to happen is a curse... We cannot share it or talk about... We have to be just a witness to something which is happening.... If it is good, you will feel good.... If it is bad, then we are struck and helpless... If we try to warn them, they will not accept and something goes wrong, we will be blamed for that... If we dont say anything... the guilty concious.....aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh...

Hope let me stop blabbering here...

Veda