1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Sensory Perception (esp)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Mar 16, 2008.

1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear Devika,

Extremely interesting topic. One I can very closely relate to.

Yes, I too have the sixth sense to know that something is not going to be right in a particular situation or with a particular person (including myself). In the past, I have defied my intuition just to latter know that I shouldn’t have. Now I follow my intuition whenever I have one. Just like many others have said, I get intuitions about people, about things in my life (good and bad). When I meet someone I get vibes that “tell” me something about the person. And so far, my first feelings about a person have never turned out wrong.

Out of many incidents in the past, this is one that happened fairly recently. In 2005, me hubby and my son made a trip to Germany. We were returning from dinner quite late at night and my son was very sleepy. My husband said he would drop both of us at the hotel and quickly go and return the rental car by himself. The car had to be dropped off just one block away from our hotel. I told him I did not want him to go by himself. He got irritated at me for being so inconsiderate to my son’s sleep. I insisted that it would only take may be 20 mins more so me and son should accompany him too. My son can sleep in the stroller by then. We had a heated argument at the entrance of our hotel and finally looking at my husband’s rising temper I gave-up and let him go alone.

It had been only 15-20 mins since I had entered the room. I had just finished changing my son into his nightclothes when the phone rang. I slumped on the bed, knowing it was not going to be good news. The man on the other end spoke mostly German (which I do not follow) and some broken English. I could only gather that my husband had had an accident, his nose was bleeding profusely but he was ok. They could not see the extent of damage because of the heavy bleeding. I asked him where he was, got a cab and reached there. My husband had failed to notice a squeaky-clean glass door and had rushed into it. His glasses snapped back on his face causing a deep cut right in the middle of his nose. Luckily there was a doctor that was checking into this hotel where my husband had gone to return the car. The doc immediately did some first aid and asked us to go to the emergency room. We spent a few hours in ER and hubby was released with a few stitches. So much so for my son’s peaceful sleep! My son was awake with me all the while scared if Dad would be ok.

That day I told my husband never ever to argue with me about such things. He follows that now.

Shanthi, read your experiences in Mal’s thread that you have mentioned here. Gave me goose bumps!

SS

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika,

Very interesting, i dont expierence ESP as such.Regards.kamal

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear SS,

That is a very strong ESP that you have experienced. Glad your hubby didint suffer much, but I can imagine what that phone call did to you.

Malathi and Shanthi are again very strong psychics . You're right their experiences gave me goosebumps to!!

I would say this a wonderfully amazing power.

Regards,
    Devika

4. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Devika,

A scary topic...It is there in every one of us...but we just dont give heed to it...a good write up dear friend...

warm wishes,

aqua.

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Thanks for writing in. The intuitive powers are more stronger or dominant in women and so we experience them more.

Regards,
    Devika

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dearest Aqua,

Thanks for writing in dear, Well if you feel that i have scared you with all the ESP , try some cake of mine from the poems section called Temptation . Guess you'll enjoy it. My ESP tells me so.hehehe.

Regards,
    Devika

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika

Another v interesting topic by u.........i read all the replies.........i too beleive in all this.........i have not experienced anything so far......but sometimes.like this:..

Dejv Vu, -. We sometimes meet person, or places which give a feeling that we have met or seen before. A feeling of Deja Vu.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

SS,

I myself have goosebumps later...what i write in the public forum is very little..so imagine my plight:spin:spin...

Devika,

Some men also have great esp's..I know them personally....yes intuition and maternal instinct gives us an edge....

9. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Lata,

Thanks for writing in. Yes we all believe in ESP. A feeling of deja vu is often experienced by most of us.

Regards,
    Devika

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

I agree that Men also experience ESP but I guess it is relatively lesser than the women ,guess due to the reason that you've mentioned . Guess women are more cognitive or psychosomatic. Being from the field of Psychology , my past experiences have brought more women forward as regards to this particular topic than men.What do you think?

Regards,
    Devika